The sequence-dependent assembly line balancing problem
The sequence-dependent assembly line balancing problem Abstract Assembly line balancing problems (ALBP) arise whenever an assembly line is configured, redesigned or adjusted. An ALBP consists of distributing the total workload for manufacturing any unit of the products to be assembled among the work stations along the line. The sequence-dependent assembly line balancing problem (SDALBP) is an extension of the standard simple assembly line balancing problem (SALBP) which has significant relevance in realworld assembly line settings. SDALBP extends the basic problem by considering sequencedependent task times. In this paper, we define this new problem, formulate several versions of a mixed-integer program, adapt solution approaches for SALBP to SDALBP, generate test data and perform some preliminary computational experiments. As a main result, we find that applying SALBP-based search procedures is very effective, whereas modeling and solving the problem with MIP standard software is not recommendable.
|Date of creation:||23 May 2006|
|Publication status:||Published in: OR Spectrum 30/3, 579-609|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Carl-Zeiss-Strasse 3, 07743 JENA|
Phone: +049 3641/ 9 43000
Fax: +049 3641/ 9 43000
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-jena.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: If a paper is not downloadable, please contact the author(s) or the library of University of Jena, not the archive maintainer.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Uwe Cantner & Jens Kruger & Kristina von Rhein, 2011.
"Knowledge compensation in the German automobile industry,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(22), pages 2941-2951.
- Uwe Cantner & Kristina Dreßler & Jens J. Krüger, 2005. "Knowledge Compensation in the German Automobile Industry," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 11/2005, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis G. Gonzalez & Werner Güth, 2006.
"Bribery and Public Procurement - An Experimental Study -,"
Papers on Strategic Interaction
2005-30, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis González & Werner Güth, 2008. "Bribery and public procurement: an experimental study," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 103-117, October.
- Susanne Büchner & Andreas Freytag & Luis G. Gonzalez & Werner Güth, 2006. "Bribery and Public Procurement - An Experimental Study," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 06/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Scholl, Armin & Becker, Christian, 2006.
"State-of-the-art exact and heuristic solution procedures for simple assembly line balancing,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 168(3), pages 666-693, February.
- Armin Scholl & Christian Becker, 2003. "State-of-the-art exact and heuristic solution procedures for simple assembly line balancing," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 20/2003, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2006. "Die ökonomischen Eigenschaften von Software," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 14/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jen:jenasw:2006-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.