Does Openness to International Financial Flows Contribute to Productivity Growth?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shankar Acharya, 2008. "Indiaâ€™s Macroeconomic Performance and Policies Since 2000," Working Papers id:1740, eSocialSciences.
- M Ayhan Kose & Eswar Prasad & Kenneth Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009.
"Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 8-62, April.
- Ayhan Kose & Eswar S Prasad & Kenneth Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2006. "Financial Globalization; A Reappraisal," IMF Working Papers 06/189, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Eswar Prasad & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2006. "Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal," NBER Working Papers 12484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kose, Ayhan & Prasad, Eswar & Rogoff, Kenneth & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2006. "Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal," CEPR Discussion Papers 5842, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eswar S. Prasad, 2009. "Indiaâ€™s Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," Working Papers id:2043, eSocialSciences.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2009. "International Finance and Growth in Developing Countries: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 14691, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Leung & Gaofeng Han & Kevin Chow, 2009. "Financial Services Sector as a Driver of Productivity Growth in Hong Kong," Working Papers 0914, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- repec:wsi:jicepx:v:04:y:2013:i:03:n:s179399331350018x is not listed on IDEAS
- Nahil Boussiga & Ezzeddine Abaoub, 2013. "International Financial Integration And Equity Risk Premium In Emerging Countries," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 2(1), pages 4-14.
- Prasad, Eswar S., 2009.
"Some New Perspectives on India’s Approach to Capital Account Liberalization,"
India Policy Forum,
National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 5(1), pages 125-178.
- Eswar S. Prasad, 2008. "Some New Perspectives on India's Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 5(1), pages 125-178.
- Eswar S. Prasad, 2009. "Some New Perspectives on India's Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 14658, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Neumann, Rebecca & Seidel, Tobias, 2012.
"How national and international financial development affect industrial R&D,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 72-83.
- Keith E. Maskus & Rebecca Neumann & Tobias Seidel, 2011. "How National and International Financial Development Affect Industrial R&D," CESifo Working Paper Series 3480, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ayhan Kose, M. & Prasad, Eswar S. & Terrones, Marco E., 2009.
"Does openness to international financial flows raise productivity growth?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 554-580, June.
- Eswar S Prasad & Marco Terrones & Ayhan Kose, 2008. "Does Openness to International Financial Flows Raise Productivity Growth?," IMF Working Papers 08/242, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Eswar S. Prasad & Marco E. Terrones, 2008. "Does Openness to International Financial Flows Raise Productivity Growth?," NBER Working Papers 14558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Norbert Fiess, 2011.
"International capital flows to emerging and developing countries: national and global determinants,"
2011_01, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Byrne, Joseph P. & Fiess, Norbert, 2011. "International Capital Flows to Emerging and Developing Countries: National and Global Determinants," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-03, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Welfens, 2008. "Portfolio modelling and growth in open economies," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 237-253, November.
- repec:chb:bcchec:v:20:y:2017:i:2:p:090-127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian, 2011. "Financial Openness and Productivity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2009. "Capital flows and emerging market economies," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 33.
- Vivek Arora & Karl Habermeier & Jonathan D. Ostry & Rhoda Weeks-Brown, 2013. "La liberalización y el manejo de los flujos de capital: una visión institucional," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 15(28), pages 205-255, January-J.
- Prasad, Eswar, 2009. "India's Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," IZA Discussion Papers 3927, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William R. Cline, 2010. "Financial Globalization, Economic Growth, and the Crisis of 2007-09," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 499.
- Benarroch, Michael & Pandey, Manish, 2012. "The relationship between trade openness and government size: Does disaggregating government expenditure matter?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 239-252.
More about this item
Keywordsexternal assets and liabilities; debt; capital account liberalization; portfolio equity; capital flows; financial openness; total factor productivity; foreign direct investment;
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-08-14 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2008-08-14 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FDG-2008-08-14 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-OPM-2008-08-14 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.