Orthogonal Subgroups for Portfolio Choice
The orthogonal group on the location-scale family is at the foundation of the stochastic structure underlying CAPM. Relaxing that assumption, we show how less restrictive matrix subgroup symmetries on the location-scale family of asset returns bound asset choices. Sign symmetry is a special case and provides conditions such that the investor does not sell short. Group-generated welfare orderings are also identified.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Economics Bulletin, January 2004, vol. 7, pp. 1-7|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "A characterization of the distributions that imply mean--Variance utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 185-201, February.
- David A. Hennessy & Harvey E. Lapan, 2003. "An algebraic theory of portfolio allocation," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 193-210, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:11993. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.