Real Exchange Rate Behavior and Economic Growth: Evidence from Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, and Tunisia
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2015. "Crecimiento económico y desalineación del tipo de cambio real en la República Dominicana: ¿Hay alguna relación? [Economic growth and the real exchange rate misalignments in the Dominican Republic: ," MPRA Paper 70974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Couharde, Cécile & Sallenave, Audrey, 2013.
"How do currency misalignments’ threshold affect economic growth?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 106-120.
- Cécile Couharde & Audrey Allegret-Sallenave, 2013. "How do currency misalignments' threshold affect economic growth?," Post-Print hal-01385861, HAL.
- Marie-Ange VEGANZONES-VAROUDAKIS & NABLI, 2002.
"Exchange Rate Regime and Competitiveness of Manufactured Exports: The case of MENA Countries,"
- Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis & M.K. Nabli, 2004. "Exchange Rate Regime and Competitiveness of Manufactured Exports: The case of MENA Countries," Post-Print hal-03059894, HAL.
- Mustapha Kamel Nabli & Marie-Ange Veganzones-Varoudakis, 2004.
"How does exchange rate policy affect manufactured exports in MENA countries?,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2209-2219.
- Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis & M.K. Nabli, 2007. "How Does Exchange Rate Policy Affect Manufactured Exports in the MENA countries," Post-Print hal-00204789, HAL.
- Dubas, Justin, 2012. "Exchange Rate Misalignment and Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 63417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Al Rawashdeh, Rami & Maxwell, Philip, 2013. "Jordan, minerals extraction and the resource curse," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 103-112.
- Vincent Dropsy & Nathalie Grand, 2004. "Exchange Rate and Inflation Targeting in Morocco and Tunisia," Working Papers 0421, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 2004.
- Dubas, Justin M., 2009. "The Importance of the Exchange Rate Regime in Limiting Misalignment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1612-1622, October.
- Laura Mădălina PÎRŞCOVEANU, 2016. "Estimating the exchange rate in the context of Romania's integration in the Eurozone," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(607), S), pages 249-258, Summer.
- repec:eco:journ1:2014-03-09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anton Dobronogov & Farrukh Iqbal, 2007.
"Economic Growth in Egypt: Constraints and Determinants,"
Journal of African Development, African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA), vol. 9(1), pages 31-66.
- Anton Dobronogov & Farrukh Iqbal, 2004. "Economic Growth in Egypt: Constraints and Determinants," Working Papers 0420, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Jul 2004.
- Anton Dobronogov & Farrukh Iqbal, 2005. "Economic Growth in Egypt: Constraints and Determinants," Development and Comp Systems 0512024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ali, Abdulkadir I. & Ajibola, Isaiah O. & Omotosho, Babatunde S. & Adetoba, Olutope O. & Adeleke, Abiola O., 2015. "Real exchange rate misalignment and economic growth in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 98526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emrah GULAY & Mehmet Vedat PAZARLIOGLU, 2016. "The Empirical Role of Real Crude Oil Price and Real Exchange Rate on Economic Growth: The Case of Turkey," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 16(4), pages 627-639.
- Fatma Marrakchi Charfi, 2008. "Equilibrium real exchange rate and misalignments : Lessons from a VAR-ECM model applied to Tunisia," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 55(4), pages 439-464, December.
- Serge Rey, 2006.
"Effective Exchange Rate Volatility And Mena Countries Exports To The Eu,"
Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 23-54, December.
- Serge Rey, 2006. "Effective Exchange rate Volatility and MENA countries’ exports to EU," Post-Print hal-01885316, HAL.
- Sfia, Mohamed Daly, 2006. "Tunisia: Sources Of Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations," MPRA Paper 3129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdessalem GOUIDER & Ridha NOUIRA, 2014. "The Impact of Misalignment on FDI in the Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 784-800.
- International Monetary Fund, 2006. "Lebanon: Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 2006/200, International Monetary Fund.
- David Fielding & Anja Shortland, 2005. "How does political violence affect confidence in a local currency? Evidence from Egypt," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 841-866.
- Mahmoud Mohieldin & Ahmed Kouchouk, 2003. "On Exchange Rate Policy: The Case of Egypt 1970-2001," Working Papers 0312, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 2003.
- Kenny S, Victoria, 2019. "Macroeconomic Performance Indicators and Exchange Rate Misalignment in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 93292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samira Haddou, 2011. "Is Tunisian Real Effective Exchange Rate Mean Reverting? Evidence from Nonlinear Models," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 18(1), pages 164-178, September.
- Nyoni, Thabani, 2018. "Modeling and Forecasting Naira / USD Exchange Rate In Nigeria: a Box - Jenkins ARIMA approach," MPRA Paper 88622, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Aug 2018.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Balázs Égert & Thouraya Hadj Amor Essid, 2013. "Working Paper 187 - The Real Exchange Rate and External Competitiveness in Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia," Working Paper Series 991, African Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsWP; terms of trade; economic growth; exchange rate; Real Exchange Rate; Exchange Rate Mislignment; Exchange Rate Policies; Growth; Arab Countries; Egypt; equilibrium RER; RER appreciation; RER misalignment; RER behavior; Moroccan dirham; black market exchange rate premium; RER equation; RER level; import exchange rate; RER distortion; RER determination; RER variability; Exchange rates; Exchange rate policy; Currency markets; Real exchange rates; East Asia; substitution effect;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:1999/040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Akshay Modi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.