Do institutions matter for regional development?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters, in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change, Princeton University Press.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gregorio Rius-Sorolla & Sofía Estelles-Miguel & Carlos Rueda-Armengot, 2020. "Multivariable Supplier Segmentation in Sustainable Supply Chain Management," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-16, June.
- Kerekes, Carrie B. & Williamson, Claudia R., 2008. "Unveiling de Soto's mystery: property rights, capital formation, and development," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 299-325, December.
- Laura E. Grube, 2015. "The role of culture in the persistence of traditional leadership: evidence from KwaZulu Natal, South Africa," Chapters, in: Laura E. Grube & Virgil Henry Storr (ed.), Culture and Economic Action, chapter 17, pages 375-397, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard Langlois, 2013. "The Institutional Revolution: A review essay," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 383-395, December.
- Gani, Azmat & Scrimgeour, Frank, 2014. "Modeling governance and water pollution using the institutional ecological economic framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 363-372.
- Gianluca Marchi & Giuseppe Nardin, 2014. "Alleanze internazionali e mercati emergenti: l’esperienza del distretto ceramico di Sassuolo," ECONOMIA E SOCIET REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 44-54.
- Jeffery S. McMullen & Dimo Dimov, 2013. "Time and the Entrepreneurial Journey: The Problems and Promise of Studying Entrepreneurship as a Process," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(8), pages 1481-1512, December.
- repec:mje:mjejnl:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:25-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emil Evenhuis, 2017. "Institutional change in cities and regions: a path dependency approach," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 10(3), pages 509-526.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2010.
"Equilibrium Fictions: A Cognitive Approach to Societal Rigidity,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 141-146, May.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2010. "Equilibrium Fictions: A Cognitive Approach to Societal Rigidity," NBER Working Papers 15776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2010. "Equilibrium fictions : a cognitive approach to societal rigidity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5219, The World Bank.
- Tracy Xiao Liu & Jenna Bednar & Yan Chen & Scott Page, 2019. "Directional behavioral spillover and cognitive load effects in multiple repeated games," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 22(3), pages 705-734, September.
- Ricardo Moutinho & Manuel Au-Yong-Oliveira & Arnaldo Coelho & José Pires Manso, 2016. "Determinants of knowledge-based entrepreneurship: an exploratory approach," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 171-197, March.
- Joachim Ahrens & Patrick Jünemann, 2011. "Adaptive Efficiency and Pragmatic Flexibility: Characteristics of Institutional Change in Capitalism, Chinese-style," Chapters, in: Werner Pascha & Cornelia Storz & Markus Taube (ed.), Institutional Variety in East Asia, chapter 2, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zelong Wei & Hao Shen & Kevin Zheng Zhou & Julie Juan Li, 2017. "How Does Environmental Corporate Social Responsibility Matter in a Dysfunctional Institutional Environment? Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 140(2), pages 209-223, January.
- Etienne Farvaque & Alexander Mihailov & Alireza Naghavi, 2018.
"The Grand Experiment of Communism: Discovering the Trade-Off between Equality and Efficiency,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 174(4), pages 707-742, December.
- E. Farvaque & A. Mihailov & A. Naghavi, 2011. "The Grand Experiment of Communism: Discovering the Trade-off between Equality and Efficiency," Working Papers wp776, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Etienne Farvaque & Alexander Mihailov & Alireza Naghavi, 2011. "The Grand Experiment of Communism: Discovering the Trade-off between Equality and Efficiency," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2011-02, Department of Economics, Reading University.
- Etienne Farvaque & Alexander Mihailov & Alireza Naghavi, 2011. "The Grand Experiment of Communism: Discovering the Trade-off between Equality and Efficiency," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 066, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Alireza Naghavi & Alexander Mihailov & Etienne Farvaque, 2012. "The Grand Experiment of Communism: Discovering the Trade-off between Equality and Efficiency," 2012 Meeting Papers 410, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Etienne Farvaque & Alexander Mihailov & Alireza Naghavi, 2011. "The Grand Experiment of Communism: Discovering the Trade-off between Equality and Efficiency," Working Papers 2011.70, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Etienne Farvaque & Alexander Mihailov & Alireza Naghavi, 2018. "The Grand Experiment of Communism: Discovering the Trade-off between Equality and Efficiency," Post-Print hal-01794526, HAL.
- Covi, Giovanni, 2014. "The First Oil Shock, Stylized Facts, Reflections and The Easterly Puzzle in a Forty-Year Retrospective," MPRA Paper 58130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- SebastiÃ¡n Aparicio & Andrés Ramírez Hassan & Diego Fernando Gómez Sánchez, 2013. "ElecciÃ³n de ocupaciones que generen empleo usando modelos de elecciÃ³n discreta: MedellÃn Ã rea Metropolitana 2009," Estudios Gerenciales, Universidad Icesi, December.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs,"
Chapters, in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 17, pages 298-312,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2011. "Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 20-34, June.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2011. "Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 20-34.
- Marletto, Gerardo, 2011.
"Structure, agency and change in the car regime. A review of the literature,"
European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 47, pages 71-88.
- Marletto, Gerardo, 2010. "Structure, agency and change in the car regime: A review of the literature," MPRA Paper 32134, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerardo Marletto, 2010. "Structure, Agency And Change In The Car Regime. A Review Of The Literature," Working Papers 0610, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2010.
- Mistreanu (Carstea) Laura Maria, 2009. "Education and „The New Institutionalism” – The Paradigm of Economic Development within the Context of European Integration," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 1(1), pages 69-76, September.
- Gonçalo Brás & Elias Soukiazis, 2015. "The Determinants of Entrepreneurship at the Country Level: A Panel Data Approach," GEMF Working Papers 2015-14, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2010-01-23 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imd:wpaper:wp2010-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IMDEA RePEc Maintainer). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/icimdes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.