Banking Efficiency and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Sandrine Kablan, 2010. "Banking Efficiency and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 2010/136, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Panzar, John C & Rosse, James N, 1987. "Testing for "Monopoly" Equilibrium," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 443-456, June.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2012.
"Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 291-313.
- Chun-Yu Ho, 2009. "Market Structure, Welfare, and Banking Reform in China," Working Papers 302009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Wahidin, Deni & Akimov, Alexandr & Roca, Eduardo, 2021. "The impact of bond market development on economic growth before and after the global financial crisis: Evidence from developed and developing countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 77(C).
- Brei, Michael & Jacolin, Luc & Noah, Alphonse, 2020.
"Credit risk and bank competition in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C).
- M. Brei & L. Jacolin & A. Noah, 2018. "Credit risk and bank competition in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working papers 664, Banque de France.
- Alphonse Noah & Luc Jacolin & Michael Brei, 2018. "Credit Risk And Bank Competition In Sub-Saharan Africa," EconomiX Working Papers 2018-27, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Michael Brei & Luc Jacolin & Alphonse Noah, 2020. "Credit Risk and Bank Competition in Sub-Saharan Africa," Post-Print hal-02887007, HAL.
- Hossain, Monzur, 2012.
"Financial reforms and persistently high bank interest spreads in Bangladesh: Pitfalls in institutional development?,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 395-408.
- Hossain, Monzur, 2010. "Financial Reforms and Persistently High Bank Interest Spreads in Bangladesh: Pitfalls in Institutional Development?," MPRA Paper 24755, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Kang-Kook & Islam, Md. Rabiul, 2011.
"Financial Development and Financing Constraints in a Developing Country: The Case of Bangladesh,"
Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 41-67.
- Kang Kook Lee & Md. Rabiul Islam, 2009. "Financial Development And Financing Constraints In A Developing Country - The Case Of Bangladesh," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 09-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Queralto, Albert, 2020. "A model of slow recoveries from financial crises," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-25.
- Sèna Kimm Gnangnon, 2019. "Effect of Export Upgrading on Financial Development," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(03), pages 1-37, October.
- Arshad Ali Bhatti & M. Emranul Haque & Denise R. Osborn, 2013. "Is the Growth Effect of Financial Development Conditional on Technological Innovation?," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 188, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Gouthami Kothakapa & Samyukta Bhupatiraju & Rahul A. Sirohi, 2021. "Revisiting the link between financial development and industrialization: evidence from low and middle income countries," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 215-230, June.
- Sameh Jouida, 2019. "Bank capital structure, capital requirements and SRISK across bank ownership types and financial crisis: panel VAR approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 295-325, July.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2001.
"Banks’ Inefficiency and Economic Growth: A Micro‐Macro Approach,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(4), pages 400-424, September.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2000. "Banks' inefficiency and economic growth: a micro-macro approach," Heterogeneity and monetary policy 0004, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2001. "Banks' Inefficiency and Economic Growth A Micro-Macro Approach," Development Working Papers 153, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Antonin Bergeaud & Gilbert Cette & Rémy Lecat, 2019. "The Circular Relationship Between Productivity Growth and Real Interest Rates," Working papers 734, Banque de France.
- Christiansen, Lone & Schindler, Martin & Tressel, Thierry, 2013. "Growth and structural reforms: A new assessment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 347-356.
- repec:zbw:bofitp:2009_019 is not listed on IDEAS
- Konstantinos Drakos & Panagiotis Konstantinou, 2005. "Competition and Contestability in Transition Banking: An Empirical Analysis," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 3(2), pages 183-209.
- Pino, Gabriel & Herrera, Rodrigo & Rodríguez, Alejandro, 2019. "Geographical spillovers on the relation between risk-taking and market power in the US banking sector," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 351-364.
- Sichong Chen & Muhammad Imran Nazir & Shujahat Haider Hashmi & Ruqia Shaikh, 2019. "Bank Competition, Foreign Bank Entry, and Risk-Taking Behavior: Cross Country Evidence," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 12(3), pages 1-26, June.
- Michał Jerzmanowski, 2017. "Finance and sources of growth: evidence from the U.S. states," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 97-122, March.
- Sèna Kimm Gnangnon, 2018. "Multilateral Trade Liberalization and Terms of Trade Volatility," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(03), pages 1-21, October.
- Jeannine Bailliu, 2000.
"Private Capital Flows, Financial Development, and Economic Growth in Developing Countries,"
Staff Working Papers
00-16, Bank of Canada.
- Jeannine Bailliu, 2000. "Private Capital Flows, Financial Development, and Economic Growth in Developing Countries," Staff Working Papers 00-15, Bank of Canada.
- Hao, Chen, 2006. "Development of financial intermediation and economic growth: The Chinese experience," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 347-362.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-01527698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CCSD (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.