Donations to US based NGOs in International Development Cooperation: How (Un-)Informed Are Private Donors?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2011. "Donations to US based NGOs in international development cooperation: How (un-)informed are private donors?," Kiel Working Papers 1680, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2010. "Donations to US based NGOs in international development cooperation: How (un-)informed are private donors?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 117, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Payne, A. Abigail, 1998. "Does the government crowd-out private donations? New evidence from a sample of non-profit firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 323-345, September.
- Khanna, Jyoti & Sandler, Todd, 2000. "Partners in giving:: The crowding-in effects of UK government grants," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1543-1556, August.
- Okten, Cagla & Weisbrod, Burton A., 2000. "Determinants of donations in private nonprofit markets," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 255-272, February.
- David T. Yi, 2010. "Determinants of fundraising efficiency of nonprofit organizations: evidence from US public charitable organizations," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(7), pages 465-475.
- Bilodeau, Marc & Slivinski, Al, 1997. "Rival charities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 449-467, December.
- Eric Werker & Faisal Z. Ahmed, 2008. "What Do Nongovernmental Organizations Do?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 73-92, Spring.
- Susan Rose-Ackerman, 1982. "Charitable Giving and â€œExcessiveâ€ Fundraising," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(2), pages 193-212.
- Garth Heutel, 2014.
"Crowding Out and Crowding In of Private Donations and Government Grants,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 42(2), pages 143-175, March.
- Garth Heutel, 2009. "Crowding Out and Crowding In of Private Donations and Government Grants," NBER Working Papers 15004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David C. Ribar & Mark O. Wilhelm, 2002.
"Altruistic and Joy-of-Giving Motivations in Charitable Behavior,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 425-457, April.
- Riber, D.C. & Wilhelm, M.O., 1996. "Altruistic and Joy-of-Giving Motivations in Charitable Behavior," Papers 1-96-4, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- James Andreoni & A. Abigail Payne, 2003. "Do Government Grants to Private Charities Crowd Out Giving or Fund-raising?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 792-812, June.
- Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry, 2010.
"Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development," Post-Print halshs-00754487, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meer, Jonathan, 2014.
"Effects of the price of charitable giving: Evidence from an online crowdfunding platform,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 113-124.
- Jonathan Meer, 2013. "Effects of the Price of Charitable Giving: Evidence from an Online Crowdfunding Platform," NBER Working Papers 19082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Metzger, Laura, 2015. "Making an impact? The importance of aid effectiveness for charitable giving. A laboratory experiment," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112835, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
Keywordsnon-governmental organizations; specialization; private donations; informed choices; price of giving; option to designate;
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:got:gotcrc:072. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominik Noe). General contact details of provider: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/82144.html .