Identifying the Income-Poor: Some Controversies in India and Elsewhere
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Durgesh C. Pathak & Srijit Mishra, 2011. "Poverty estimates in India: Old and new methods, 2004-05," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-015, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
Keywordsmoney-metric poverty line; resources; capabilities; evolution of Indian poverty line; US poverty thresholds; the World Bank poverty line; alternative approach to measuring poverty; quintile income;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-11-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2010-11-20 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:got:gotcrc:046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominik Noe). General contact details of provider: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/82144.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .