Decentralization of the Firm: Theory and Evidence
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992.
"The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992. "The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies," Papers 92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Christie, Andrew A., 1982. "The stochastic behavior of common stock variances : Value, leverage and interest rate effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 407-432, December.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i:2:p:205-229 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haim Mendelson, 2000. "Organizational Architecture and Success in the Information Technology Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 513-529, April.
- Gaver, Jennifer J. & Gaver, Kenneth M., 1993. "Additional evidence on the association between the investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 125-160, April.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1988. "The Theory of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 141-161, Spring.
- Melumad, Nahum & Mookherjee, Dilip & Reichelstein, Stefan, 1992. "A theory of responsibility centers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 445-484, December.
- Haim Mendelson & Ravindran R. Pillai, 1999. "Industry Clockspeed: Measurement and Operational Implications," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:56:y:2016:i:4:p:985-1015 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jfsres:v:51:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10693-016-0244-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Venky Nagar, "undated". "Organizational Design Choices in Retail Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 09-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Renucci, Antoine, 2008. "Access to financing, rents, and organization of the firm," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 337-346, September.
- Surjit Tinaikar, 2014. "Voluntary disclosure and ownership structure: an analysis of dual class firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(2), pages 373-417, May.
- Louis Cheng & Hung-Gay Fung & Tak Leung, 2007. "Information effects of dividends: Evidence from the Hong Kong market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 23-54, January.
- Yeh, Yin-Hua & Shu, Pei-Gi & Chiang, Tsui-Lin, 2014. "Affiliation and professionalism: Alternative perspectives on decomposing the board structures of financial institutions," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 159-174.
- Antoine Renucci, 2008. "Access to financing, rents, and organization of the firm," Post-Print halshs-00365983, HAL.
- Michael Raith, 2008. "Specific knowledge and performance measurement," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(4), pages 1059-1079.
- Dutta, Sunil & Fan, Qintao, 2012. "Incentives for innovation and centralized versus delegated capital budgeting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 592-611.
- Yang, Tina & Zhao, Shan, 2014. "CEO duality and firm performance: Evidence from an exogenous shock to the competitive environment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 534-552.
- Sauro Mocetti & Marcello Pagnini & Enrico Sette, 2017. "Information Technology and Banking Organization," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 313-338, June.
- Dee, Carol Callaway & Lulseged, Ayalew & Nowlin, Tanya S., 2005. "Executive compensation and risk: The case of internet firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 80-96, December.
- Jan Bouwens & Laurence Van Lent, 2007.
"Assessing the Performance of Business Unit Managers,"
Journal of Accounting Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 667-697, September.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2006. "Assessing the Performance of Business Unit Managers," Discussion Paper 2006-92, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2007. "Assessing the performance of business unit managers," Other publications TiSEM b319acf4-637b-4b50-ab08-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kieron Meagher & Andrew Wait, 2008. "Who Decides about Change and Restructuring in Organizations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 587, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Teresa Chu & In-Mu Haw & Bryan Lee & Woody Wu, 2014. "Cost of equity capital, control divergence, and institutions: the international evidence," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 483-527, October.
- Carola Jungwirth & Petra Moog, 2004. "Closing the gap or enlarging the pool: How venture capitalist differ in their syndication motives," Working Papers 0023, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Nikos Vafeas & Adamos Vlittis, 2012. "An agency-based perspective on the performance consequences of COO adoption," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 361-382, October.
- Chen, Charles J.P. & Li, Zengquan & Su, Xijia & Sun, Zheng, 2011. "Rent-seeking incentives, corporate political connections, and the control structure of private firms: Chinese evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-243, April.
- J. Windsperger, 2009. "Allocation of decision rights in joint ventures," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(8), pages 491-501.
- Verbeeten, F.H.M., 2005. "New’ Performance Measures: Determinants of Their Use and Their Impact on Performance," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-054-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Venky Nagar, "undated". "Organizational Design Choices in Retail Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 9-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- O'Connor, Neale G. & Deng, Johnny & Luo, Yadong, 2006. "Political constraints, organization design and performance measurement in China's state-owned enterprises," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 157-177, February.
- Dikolli, Shane S. & Vaysman, Igor, 2006. "Information technology, organizational design, and transfer pricing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 201-234, April.
More about this item
Keywordsdecision making ; enterprises ; costs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:robume:91-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbrocus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.