Limiting Differences Between Forward and Futures Prices in a Lucas Consumption Model
A recent paper (Benninga-Protopapadakis 1994) considered a Lucas asset pricing model and showed that the pricing of forward and futures contracts was expressible as a simple matrix function. In this paper we derive limiting conditions for these differences and relate them to the eigenvectors of the state price matrix. We show that except for a zero-measure set of state price matrices, the differences are always small.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3254 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6367|
Phone: (215) 898-7616
Fax: (215) 573-8084
Web page: http://finance.wharton.upenn.edu/~rlwctr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Benninga, Simon & Protopapadakis, Aris, 1994. "Forward and Futures Prices with Markovian Interest-Rate Processes," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(3), pages 401-421, July.
- Jarrow, Robert A. & Oldfield, George S., 1981.
"Forward contracts and futures contracts,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 373-382, December.
- Benninga, Simon & Protopapadakis, Aris, 1983. "Real and Nominal Interest Rates under Uncertainty: The Fisher Theorem and the Term Structure," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 856-867, October.
- Richard, Scott F. & Sundaresan, M., 1981. "A continuous time equilibrium model of forward prices and futures prices in a multigood economy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 347-371, December.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- Cox, John C. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr. & Ross, Stephen A., 1981. "The relation between forward prices and futures prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-346, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:pennfi:17-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.