The Phillips Curve is Back? Using Panel Data to Analyze the Relationship Between Unemployment and Inflation in an Open Economy
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- John DiNardo & Mark P. Moore, 1999. "The Phillips Curve is Back? Using Panel Data to Analyze the Relationship Between Unemployment and Inflation in an Open Economy," NBER Working Papers 7328, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr. & Thomas J. Sargent, 1979. "After Keynesian macroeconomics," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr.
- Edmund S. Phelps, 1968. "Money-Wage Dynamics and Labor-Market Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 678-678.
- King, Robert G. & Watson, Mark W., 1994.
"The post-war U.S. phillips curve: a revisionist econometric history,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 157-219, December.
- Robert G. King & Mark W. Watson, 1994. "The post-war U.S. Phillips curve: a revisionist econometric history," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 94-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph Plasmans & Jacob Engwerda & Bas van Aarle & Tomasz Michalak & Giovanni Di Bartolomeo, 2006.
"Macroeconomic Stabilization Policies In The Emu: Spillovers, Asymmetries And Institutions,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(4), pages 461-484, September.
- DI BARTOLOMEO, Giovanni & ENGWERDA, Jacob & PLASMANS, Joseph & VAN AARLE, Bas, 2003. "Macroeconomic stabilisation policies in the EMU: Spillovers, asymmetries and institutions," Working Papers 2003019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Jacob Engwerda & Joseph Plasmans & Bas van Aarle & Tomasz Michalak, 2005. "Macroeconomic Stabilization Policies in the EMU: Spillovers, Asymmetries, and Institutions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1376, CESifo Group Munich.
- Esu, Godwin & Atan, Johnson, 2017. "The Philip's Curve in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Data Analysis," MPRA Paper 82112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ris:badest:0548 is not listed on IDEAS
- Phiri, Andrew, 2015. "Examining asymmetric effects in the South African Philips curve: Evidence from logistic smooth transition regression (LSTR) models," MPRA Paper 64487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dungey, Mardi & Pitchford, John, 2000. "The Steady Inflation Rate of Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(235), pages 386-400, December.
- Fumitaka Furuoka & Qaiser Munir & Hanafiah Harvey, 2013. "Does the Phillips curve exist in the Philippines?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2001-2016.
- Ismael, Mohanad & Sadeq, Tareq, 2016. "Does Phillips Exist in Palestine? An Empirical Evidence," MPRA Paper 70245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yuen Chi-Wa, 2002. "Openness And The Output-Inflation Tradeoff: Floating Vs. Fixed Exchange Rates," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 1-26.
- Lavan Mahadeva & Katerina Smidkova, 2004. "Modelling transmission mechanism of monetary policy in the Czech Republic," Macroeconomics 0402032, EconWPA.
- Uwe Hassler & Michael Neugart, 2003.
"Inflation-unemployment tradeoff and regional labor market data,"
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 321-334, April.
- Hassler, Uwe & Neugart, Michael, 2002. "Inflation-unemployment tradeoff and regional labor market data," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 112, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2007:i:16:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masso, Jaan & Staehr, Karsten, 2005.
"Inflation dynamics and nominal adjustment in the Baltic States,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 281-303, June.
- Jaan Masso & Karsten Staehr, 2005. "Inflation Dynamics And Nominal Adjustment In The Baltic States," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 35, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Sell, Friedrich L. & Reinisch, David C., 2013. "How do Beveridge and Phillips curves in the euro area behave under the stress of the world economic crisis?," Working Papers in Economics 2013,1, Bundeswehr University Munich, Economic Research Group.
- Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2008. "A Phillips Curve for the Dominican Republic," MPRA Paper 54114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fumitaka Furuoka & Chong Mun Ho, 2009. "Phillips curves and openness: New evidence from selected Asian economies," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 253-264.
- Chorng-Huey Wong & Eric V. Clifton & Gene L. Leon, 2001. "Inflation Targeting and the Unemployment-Inflation Trade-off," IMF Working Papers 01/166, International Monetary Fund.
- Fumitaka Furuoka, 2007. "Does the “Phillips Curve” Really Exist? New Empirical Evidence from Malaysia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(16), pages 1-14.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Andrew Filardo, 2007. "Globalisation and inflation: New cross-country evidence on the global determinants of domestic inflation," BIS Working Papers 227, Bank for International Settlements.
- Lavan Mahadeva & Katerina Smidkova, 2001.
"What Is the Appropriate Rate of Disinflation to Be Targeted in the Czech Economy?,"
Archive of Monetary Policy Division Working Papers
2001/33, Czech National Bank.
- Lavan Mahadeva & Katerina Smidkova, 2003. "What is the Appropriate Rate of Disinflation to Be Targeted in the Czech Economy?," Macroeconomics 0303015, EconWPA.
- Franz, Wolfgang, 2000. "Neues von der NAIRU?," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-41, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Juncal Cunado Eizaguirre & Fernando PÈrez de GracÌa Hidalgo, "undated". "Tasa de sacrificio en la UEM: Un an·lisis empÌrico," Studies on the Spanish Economy 70, FEDEA.
- Yeh Kuo-chun, 2009. "Will a Taiwan-China Monetary Union be Feasible? Lessons from Europe," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3), pages 1-36, March.
- Philip Arestis & Ana Rosa GonzÃ¡lez & Oscar Dejuan, 2012. "Investment, Financial Markets, and Uncertainty," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_743, Levy Economics Institute.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Islam , Faridul & Shabbir, Muhammad Shahbaz, 2012.
"Phillips Curve in a Small Open Economy: A Time Series Exploration of North Cyprus,"
Bangladesh Development Studies,
Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 35(4), pages 113-130, December.
- Islam, Faridul & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shabbir, Muhammad, 2011. "Phillips curve in a small open economy: A time series exploration of North Cyprus," MPRA Paper 28397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsINFLATION ; UNEMPLOYMENT ; MACROECONOMICS;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:calirv:99-00-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.