Equality or Opportunity: A Theory and Examples
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mas-Colell,Andreu, 1990. "The Theory of General Economic Equilibrium," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521388702, November.
- Andreu Mas-Colell & Xavier Vives, 1993.
"Implementation in Economies with a Continuum of Agents,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 613-629.
- Vives, X. & Mas-Colell, A., 1989. "Implementation in economies with a Continuum of Agents," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 129.90, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985. "The law of large numbers with a continuum of IID random variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-25, February.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Mas-Colell, Andreau & Shubik, Martin, 1980. "Efficiency properties of strategies market games: An axiomatic approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 339-362, April.
- Armstrong, Thomas E. & Richter, Marcel K., 1984. "The core-walras equivalence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 116-151, June.
- Al-Najjar, Nabil Ibraheem, 1995. "Decomposition and Characterization of Risk with a Continuum of Random Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1195-1224, September.
- Peter J. Hammond, 1979. "Straightforward Individual Incentive Compatibility in Large Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 263-282.
- Feldman, Mark & Gilles, Christian, 1985. "An expository note on individual risk without aggregate uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 26-32, February.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1973. "Manipulation of Voting Schemes: A General Result," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 587-601, July.
- Champsaur, Paul & Laroque, Guy, 1981. "Fair allocations in large economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 269-282, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 1997. "The Memberships Theory of Inequality: Ideas and Implications," Research in Economics 97-05-047e, Santa Fe Institute.
- Thomas Mayer & Patrick Minford, 2004.
World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 5(2), pages 147-185, April.
- Mayer, T. & Minford, P., 1995. "Monetarism," Papers 95-21, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Roemer, J.E., 1995. "Equality Versus Progress," Department of Economics 95-22, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Thomas Mayer & Patrick Minford, 2004. "Monetarism," Working Papers 9521, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Kranich, Laurence, 1997.
"Equalizing opportunities through public education when innate abilities are unobservable,"
UC3M Working papers. Economics
7216, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Laurence Kranich, 1998. "Equalizing Opportunities through Public Education when Innate Abilities are Unobservable," Discussion Papers 98-04, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- John E. Roemer, 1996. "Equality versus Progress," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, pages 47-54.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 1997.
"The Memberships Theory of Inequality: Ideas and Implications,"
Research in Economics
97-05-047e, Santa Fe Institute.
- Durlauf, S.N., 1997. "The Memberships Theory of Inequality: Ideas and Implications," Working papers 9711r, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Durlauf, S.N., 1997. "The Memberships Theory of Inequality: Ideas and Implications," Working papers 9711, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
More about this item
KeywordsSOCIAL JUSTICE ; CHILDREN ; EDUCATION ; EQUITY;
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D69 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Other
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:caldec:95-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educdus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .