What Is the Optimal Institutional Arrangement for a Monetary Union?
The aim of this paper is to design the optimal institutional arrangement for a monetary union. Using a two-country rational expectations model, the study analyses how the conservatism of the area-wide central bank and the penalty system for fiscal deviation (Stability and Growth Pact) should be designed with respect to different economic shocks.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Banca d'Italia-Servizio Studi-Divisione Biblioteca e Pubblicazioni - Via N azionale, 91 -00184 Rome, Italy.|
Web page: http://www.bancaditalia.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2003.
"Research and Development, Regional Spillovers and the Location of Economic Activities,"
Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers
esdp03008, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2004. "Research and Development, Regional Spillovers and the Location of Economic Activities," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(4), pages 463-482, 07.
- Alberto Pozzolo, 1998. "Research and Development, Regional Spillovers, and the Location of Economic Activities," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 331, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Pozzolo, A.F., 1998. "Research and Development, Regional Spillovers, and the Location of Economic Activities," Papers 331, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Paolo Giovane & Lorenzo Bini-Smashi, 1996. "Convergence of inflation: A necessary prerequisite for EMU?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 117-126, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:banita:356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.