Understanding farmers' perceptions and adaptations to climate change and variability: The case of the Limpopo Basin, South Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernando M. Aragón & Francisco Oteiza & Juan Pablo Rud, 2018. "Climate Change and Agriculture: Farmer Adaptation to Extreme Heat," Discussion Papers dp18-02, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Alam, Khorshed, 2015. "Farmers’ adaptation to water scarcity in drought-prone environments: A case study of Rajshahi District, Bangladesh," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 196-206.
- repec:spr:climat:v:142:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10584-017-1924-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Shisanya & Paramu Mafongoya, 2016. "Adaptation to climate change and the impacts on household food security among rural farmers in uMzinyathi District of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(3), pages 597-608, June.
- Bryan, Elizabeth & Behrman, Julia A., 2013. "Communityâ€“based adaptation to climate change: A theoretical framework, overview of key issues and discussion of gender differentiated priorities and participation:," CAPRi working papers 109, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Andrew Barnes & Luiza Toma, 2012. "A typology of dairy farmer perceptions towards climate change," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 507-522, May.
- Ndambiri, Hilary K. & Ritho, Cecilia N. & Mbogoh, Stephen G., 1. "An Evaluation Of Farmersâ€™ Perceptions Of And Adaptation To The Effects Of Climate Change In Kenya," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 1.
- Kahsay, Goytom Abraha & Hansen, Lars Gårn, 2016.
"The effect of climate change and adaptation policy on agricultural production in Eastern Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 54-64.
- Goytom Abraha Kahsay & Lars Gårn Hansen, 2014. "The Effect of Climate Change and Adaptation Policy on Agricultural Production in Eastern Africa," IFRO Working Paper 2014/08, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Sarker, Md Abdur Rashid, 2014. "Climate change and farm-level adaptation decisions and strategies in drought-prone and groundwater-depleted areas of Bangladesh: an empirical investigation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 204-213.
- Hermann Comoé & Michael Siegrist, 2015. "Relevant drivers of farmers’ decision behavior regarding their adaptation to climate change: a case study of two regions in Côte d’Ivoire," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 179-199, February.
- Nanda Kaji Budhathoki, 2017. "Climate Change: Perceptions, Reality and Agricultural Practice: Evidence from Nepal," Working Papers id:11903, eSocialSciences.
- Zuluaga, Victor & Labarta, Ricardo & Läderach, Peter, 2015. "Climate Change Adaptation: The case of the Coffee Sector in Nicaragua," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205875, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Guloba, Madina, 2014. "Adaptation to climate variability and change in Uganda: Are there gender differences across households?," WIDER Working Paper Series 107, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Shongwe, Phindile & Masuku, Micah B. & Manyatsi, Absalom M., 2014. "Cost Benefit Analysis of Climate Change Adaptation Strategies on Crop Production Systems: A Case of Mpolonjeni Area Development Programme (ADP) in Swaziland," Sustainable Agriculture Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 3(1).
- Ngoma, Hambulo & Mulenga, Brian P. & Jayne, Thomas S., 2013. "Determinants and Extent of Use of Minimum Tillage Practices among Zambian Smallholder Crop Farmers from 2008 to 2012," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161210, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Climate variability; Perception; Adaptation; Agriculture;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-03-28 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-03-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2009-03-28 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-DEV-2009-03-28 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2009-03-28 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:849. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .