Myths About the Lender of Last Resort
There are few issues so subject to myth, sometimes unhelpful myths that tend to obscure rather than to illuminate real issues, as is the subject of whether a Central Bank, (or an International Financial Institution (IFI) such as the international Monetary Fund (IMF))), should act as a Lender of Last Resort (LOLR).
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas M. Humphrey & Robert E. Keleher, 1984. "The lender of last resort : a historical perspective," Working Paper 84-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- W.H. Buiter & A Sibert, 1999.
"UDROP: A Small Contribution to the International Financial Architecture,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0425, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Willem H. Buiter & Anne Sibert, 1999. "UDROP: a small contribution to the international financial architecture," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20224, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Buiter, Willem H & Sibert, Anne C, 1999. "UDROP: A Contribution to the New International Financial Architecture," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 227-247, July.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Sibert, Anne, 1999. "UDROP: A Small Contribution to the New International Financial Architecture," CEPR Discussion Papers 2138, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Capie, Forrest, 1998. "Can There Be an International Lender-of-Last Resort?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 311-325, December.
- Thomas H. Humphrey & Robert E. Keleher, 1984. "The Lender of Last Resort; A Historical Perspective," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 4(1), pages 275-321, Spring/Su.
- Timberlake, Richard H, Jr, 1984. "The Central Banking Role of Clearinghouse Associations," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fmg:fmgsps:sp120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.