Risk and Return in the Spanish Stock Market
In this paper we use Spanish data to test the restrictions that a dynamic APT-type asset pricing model imposes on the risk-return relationship. For monthly returns on ten size-ranked portfolios and a value-weighted index, we find that those restrictions are rejected for different versions of the model over the period 1963-1992 , as well as over two subsamples. the evidence for the conditional models suggests that the Spanish stock market is segmented, which probably reflects the fact that it is only deep for a few stocks.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hentschel, Ludger & Campbell, John, 1992.
"No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns,"
3220232, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Campbell, John Y. & Hentschel, Ludger, 1992. "No news is good news *1: An asymmetric model of changing volatility in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 281-318, June.
- John Y. Campbell & Ludger Hentschel, 1991. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 3742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sentana, E. & Shah, M., 1994. "An Index of Co-Movements in Financial Time Series," Papers 9415, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Juan Carlos Gómez Sala & Ana María Gallego & Joaquín Marhuenda Fructuoso, 1992. "Evidencias empíricas del CAPM en el mercado español de capitales," Working Papers. Serie EC 1992-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Begoña Basarrate Urizar & Gonzalo Rubio, 1990. "A note on the seasonality in the risk-return relationship," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 14(2), pages 311-318, May.
- Harvey, Andrew & Ruiz, Esther & Sentana, Enrique, 1992. "Unobserved component time series models with Arch disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 129-157.
- Mervyn King & Enrique Sentana & Sushil Wadhwani, 1990.
"Volatiltiy and Links Between National Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
3357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Mervyn & Sentana, Enrique & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1994. "Volatility and Links between National Stock Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 901-33, July.
- Ng, Victor & Engle, Robert F. & Rothschild, Michael, 1992. "A multi-dynamic-factor model for stock returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 245-266.
- Rubio, Gonzalo, 1988. "Further international evidence on asset pricing : The case of the Spanish capital market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 221-242, June.
- Harvey, Andrew C & Koopman, Siem Jan, 1992. "Diagnostic Checking of Unobserved-Components Time Series Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 377-89, October.
- Gibbons, Michael R & Ross, Stephen A & Shanken, Jay, 1989. "A Test of the Efficiency of a Given Portfolio," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1121-52, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fmg:fmgdps:dp212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.