Eat or be eaten: a theory of mergers and firm size
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gary Gorton & Matthias Kahl & Richard J. Rosen, 2009. "Eat or Be Eaten: A Theory of Mergers and Firm Size," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(3), pages 1291-1344, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moffitt, Robert, 1992. "Incentive Effects of the U.S. Welfare System: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 1-61.
- Robert Moffitt, 2002.
"Economic Effects of Means-Tested Transfers in the U.S,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 16, pages 1-36
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Moffitt, 2001. "Economic Effects of Means-Tested Transfers in the US," Economics Working Paper Archive 464, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Robert Moffitt, 2002. "Economic Effects of Means-Tested Transfers in the U.S," NBER Working Papers 8730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hilary W. Hoynes & Kenneth Y. Chay & Dean Hyslop, 2004. "True State Dependence In Monthly Welfare Participation:A Nonexperimental Analysis," Working Papers 533, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 63-132.
- H. J. Holzer & R. J. LaLonde, "undated".
"Job Change and Job Stability among Less-Skilled Young Workers,"
Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers
1191-99, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Harry J. Holzer & Robert J. LaLonde, 1999. "Job Change and Job Stability Among Less-Skilled Young Workers," JCPR Working Papers 80, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Harry J. Holzer & Robert J. LaLonde, 1999. "Job Change and Job Stability Among Less-Skilled Young Workers," Working Papers 9928, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- repec:mes:challe:v:27:y:1984:i:2:p:59-61 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:207-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandridis, George & Fuller, Kathleen P. & Terhaar, Lars & Travlos, Nickolaos G., 2013. "Deal size, acquisition premia and shareholder gains," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, pages 1-13.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Extant Reviews on Entry-mode/Internationalization, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Diversification: Understanding Theories and Establishing Interdisciplinary Research," MPRA Paper 63744, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:144-158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ana Lozano-Vivas & Miguel A. Meléndez-Jiménez & Antonio J. Morales, 2016. "Branching Deregulation and Merger Optimality," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 84(2), pages 270-295, March.
- repec:eee:transa:v:103:y:2017:i:c:p:444-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aybar, Bülent & Thanakijsombat, Thanarerk, 2015. "Financing decisions and gains from cross-border acquisitions by emerging-market acquirers," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 69-80.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Fontagné, Lionel & Sly, Nicholas & Toubal, Farid, 2014.
"Cherries for sale: The incidence and timing of cross-border M&A,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 341-357.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Lionel Fontagné & Nicholas Sly & Farid Toubal, 2014. "Cherries for Sale: The Incidence and Timing of Cross-Border M&A," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01162226, HAL.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Lionel Fontagné & Nicholas Sly & Farid Toubal, 2014. "Cherries for sale: The incidence and timing of cross-border M&A," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01299761, HAL.
- Odero Naor Juma & Peter T. Wawire & Prof. John Byaruhanga & Ochieng Okaka & Odhiambo Odera, 2012. "Impact of bank mergers on shareholders’ wealth," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 2(6), pages 162-177, November.
- Ludivine Chalençon, 2011. "La Performance des Fusions-Acquisitions : une Revue de la Littérature," Post-Print halshs-00690634, HAL.
- Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie, 2017. "Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, pages 127-183.
- John Goddard & Donal McKillop & John Wilson, 2009. "Which Credit Unions are Acquired?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, pages 231-252.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy & O'Brien, William & Simonov, Andrei, 2016. "Captive finance and firm's competitiveness," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, pages 210-228.
- Ulrich Erxleben & Dirk Schiereck, 2015. "Wealth creation of mergers in downturn markets," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 317-345, October.
- Caiazza, Stefano & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2016. "The determinants of failed takeovers in the banking sector: Deal or country characteristics?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(S), pages 92-103.
- Habib, Michel A. & Mella-Barral, Pierre, 2013. "Skills, core capabilities, and the choice between merging, allying, and trading assets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 31-48.
- Chen, Tao & Harford, Jarrad & Lin, Chen, 2015. "Do analysts matter for governance? Evidence from natural experiments," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 383-410.
- Neuhauser, Karyn L. & Thompson, Thomas H., 2016. "Survivability following reverse stock splits: What determines the fate of non-surviving firms?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 1-22.
- García-Feijóo, Luis & Madura, Jeff & Ngo, Thanh, 2012. "Impact of industry characteristics on the method of payment in mergers," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 261-274.
- Hong Zhu & Qi Zhu, 2016. "Mergers and acquisitions by Chinese firms: A review and comparison with other mergers and acquisitions research in the leading journals," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, pages 1107-1149.
- Caprio, Lorenzo & Croci, Ettore & Del Giudice, Alfonso, 2011. "Ownership structure, family control, and acquisition decisions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, pages 1636-1657.
- Parama Barai & Pitabas Mohanty, 2014. "Role of industry relatedness in performance of Indian acquirers—Long and short run effects," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, pages 1045-1073.
- Jory, Surendranath R. & Madura, Jeff & Ngo, Thanh N., 2012. "Deal structure decision in the global market for divested assets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 104-116.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-01-02 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2007-01-02 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2007-01-02 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhwp:wp-06-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .