If it’s Broken, Don’t Fix it: The Government of the Euro area in the EU “Reform Treaty”
The government of the Euro area - the institutions, objectives and instruments of the regional area pooling together the monetary sovereignty of the 13 EU member states that share the euro - was obviously the blind spot in the otherwise animated negotiations of the sessions of the European Convention, and then of the Intergovernmental Conference in 2004. What seemed then a missed opportunity now looks like a major collective failure. This paper examines the reforms of the "economic governance" of the euro area proposed by the "Treaty amending the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty establishing the European Community" (also called the "Reform Treaty") and concludes that they do not match the challenges faced collectively by the euro area economies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 69, quai d'Orsay - 75007 PARIS|
Phone: 01 44 18 54 00
Fax: 01 45 56 06 15
Web page: http://www.ofce.sciences-po.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jérôme Creel & Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007.
"Politiques et performances macroéconomiques de la zone euro: Institutions, incitations, stratégies,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/2082, Sciences Po.
- Jérôme Creel & Éloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "Politiques et performances macroéconomiques de la zone euro. Institutions, incitations, stratégies," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 249-281.
- Eloi Laurent & Jérôme Creel & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "Politiques et performances macroéconomiques de la zone euro : institutions, incitations, stratégies," Working Papers hal-00972703, HAL.
- Jérôme Creel & Eloi Laurenbt & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "Politiques et performances macroéconomiques de la zone euro : institutions, incitations, stratégies," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-23, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Eloi Laurent & Jérôme Creel & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "Politiques et performances macroéconomiques de la zone euro : institutions, incitations, stratégies," Sciences Po publications 2007-23, Sciences Po.
- Eloi Laurent & Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007.
"L’Europe des biens publics,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/3485, Sciences Po.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/2139 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fce:doctra:0732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Saraceno)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.