In what way, and to what degree, did the Mughal state inhibit Smithian growth in India in the seventeenth century?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Banks, 1988. "Nineteenth-century scandal or twentieth-century model? A new look at‘open’and‘close’parishes," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 41(1), pages 51-73, February.
- Peter M. Solar, 1995. "Poor relief and English economic development before the industrial revolution," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Donald Woodward, 1980. "The Background to the Statute of Artificers: The Genesis of Labour Policy, 1558–63," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 33(1), pages 32-44, February.
- Humphrey R. Southall, 1991. "The tramping artisan revisits: labour mobility and economic distress in early Victorian England," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 44(2), pages 272-296, May.
- Anne Digby, 1975. "The Labour Market and the Continuity of Social Policy after 1834: The Case of the Eastern Counties," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 28(1), pages 69-83, February.
- Millward, R., 1981. "The emergence of wage labor in early modern England," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 21-39, January.
More about this item
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:wpaper:22477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager on behalf of EH Dept.). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chlseuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .