Do households use home-ownership to insure themselves? Evidence across U.S. cities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Amior & Jonathan Halket, 2014. "Do households use home‐ownership to insure themselves? Evidence across U.S. cities," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5(3), pages 631-674, November.
- Michael Amior & Jonathan Halket, 2011. "Do Households Use Homeownership To Insure Themselves? Evidence across US Cities," 2011 Meeting Papers 276, Society for Economic Dynamics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Halket & Lars Nesheim & Florian Oswald, 2015. "The housing stock, housing prices, and user costs: The roles of location, structure and unobserved quality," Sciences Po publications cwp73/15, Sciences Po.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Dmytro Hryshko & María Jose Luengo-Prado & Bent E. Sørensen, 2017.
"Moving to a Job: The Role of Home Equity, Debt, and Access to Credit,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 149-181, April.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Dmytro Hryshko & María José Luengo Luengo-Prado & Bent E. Sorensen, 2013. "Moving to a job: The role of home equity, debt, and access to credit," Working Papers (Old Series) 1305, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya & Hryshko, Dmytro & Luengo-Prado, Maria Jose & Sørensen, Bent E, 2013. "Moving to a Job: The Role of Home Equity, Debt, and Access to Credit," CEPR Discussion Papers 9474, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Charles Ka Yui LEUNG & Joe Cho Yiu NG, 2018. "Macro Aspects of Housing," ISER Discussion Paper 1030, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya & Hryshko, Dmytro & Luengo-Prado, Maria Jose & Sorensen, Bent E., 2016. "Moving to a new job: the role of home equity, debt, and access to credit," Working Papers 16-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Halket, Jonathan R & Vasudev, Santhanagopalan, 2012. "Home Ownership, Savings, and Mobility Over The Life Cycle," Economics Discussion Papers 2876, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Mika Kortelainen & Tuukka Saarimaa, 2012.
"Do Homeowners Benefit Urban Neighborhoods? Evidence from Housing Prices,"
SERC Discussion Papers
0110, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Saarimaa, Tuukka & Kortelainen, Mika, 2012. "Do homeowners benefit urban neighborhoods? Evidence from housing prices," Working Papers 36, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Kortelainen, Mika & Saarimaa, Tuukka, 2012. "Do homeowners benefit urban neighborhoods? evidence from housing prices," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57923, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- John Gathergood & Joerg Weber, 2015. "Is Poor Financial Literacy a Barrier to Home Ownership?," Discussion Papers 2015/16, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Halket, Jonathan R & Pignatti, Matteo, 2012. "Housing tenure choices with private information," Economics Discussion Papers 8961, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Halket & Santhanagopalan Vasudev, 2014.
"Saving Up or Settling Down: Home Ownership over the Life Cycle,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(2), pages 345-366, April.
- Jonathan Halket & Santhanagopalan Vasudev, 2013. "Online Appendix to "Saving Up or Settling Down: Home Ownership over the Life Cycle," Technical Appendices 12-89, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Jonathan Halket & Santhanagopalan Vasudev, 2013. "Code and data files for "Saving Up or Settling Down: Home Ownership over the Life Cycle"," Computer Codes 12-89, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- repec:eee:juecon:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:62-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davis, Morris A. & Van Nieuwerburgh, Stijn, 2015. "Housing, Finance, and the Macroeconomy," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Anson T. Y. Ho & Jie Zhou, 2016. "Housing and Tax-Deferred Retirement Accounts," Staff Working Papers 16-24, Bank of Canada.
- Jonathan Halket & Lars Nesheim & Florian Oswald, 2015. "The housing stock, housing prices, and user costs: the roles of location, structure and unobserved quality," CeMMAP working papers CWP73/15, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Halket, Jonathan & Pignatti Morano di Custoza, Matteo, 2015. "Homeownership and the scarcity of rentals," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 107-123.
More about this item
Keywordshome-ownership; housing risk; land share; loan-to-value; life-cycle; PTA-026-27-2395; ESRC-CeMMAP Grant; ES/I034021/1;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:60635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.