The Big March: Migratory Flows after the Partition of India
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prashant Bharadwaj & James Fenske, 2011.
"Partition, Migration, and Jute Cultivation in India,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(8), pages 1084-1107, January.
- Fenske, James & Bharadwaj, Prashant, 2010. "Partition, migration, and jute cultivation in India," MPRA Paper 22979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jha, Saumitra, 2014.
"‘Unfinished business’: Historic complementarities, political competition and ethnic violence in Gujarat,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 18-36.
- Saumitra Jha, 2013. "'Unfinished Business': Historic Complementarities, Political Competition and Ethnic Violence in Gujarat," NBER Chapters, in: Economics of Religion and Culture, pages 18-36, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jha, Saumitra, 2014. "'Unfinished Business': Historic Complementarities, Political Competition and Ethnic Violence in Gujarat," Research Papers 2144, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Kim, Rockli & Mohanty, Sanjay K. & Subramanian, S.V., 2016. "Multilevel Geographies of Poverty in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 349-359.
- Shikha Silwal, 2017. "On peace and development economics," Economics of Peace and Security Journal, EPS Publishing, vol. 12(2), pages 5-9, October.
- Kwok Tong Soo, 2014. "Zipf, Gibrat and geography: Evidence from China, India and Brazil," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(1), pages 159-181, March.
- Oliver Vanden Eynde, 2016.
"Military Service and Human Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(4), pages 10031035-10.
- Oliver Vanden Eynde, 2016. "Military Service and Human Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-01513315, HAL.
- Oliver Vanden Eynde, 2016. "Military Service and Human Capital Accumulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab," Post-Print halshs-01513315, HAL.
- Bharadwaj, Prashant & Ali Mirza, Rinchan, 2019. "Displacement and development: Long term impacts of population transfer in India," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-1.
- An, Galina & Becker, Charles M., 2013. "Uncertainty, Insecurity, and Emigration from Kazakhstan to Russia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 44-66.
- Castelló-Climent, Amparo & Chaudhary, Latika & Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop, 2015. "Tertiary Education and Prosperity: Catholic Missionaries to Luminosity in India," IZA Discussion Papers 9441, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran & Viarengo, Martina, 2013.
"The Making of Modern America: Migratory Flows in the Age of Mass Migration,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 23-47.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran & Viarengo, Martina, 2012. "The Making of Modern America: Migratory Flows in the Age of Mass Migration," CEPR Discussion Papers 9248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chakravarty, Surajeet & Fonseca, Miguel A. & Ghosh, Sudeep & Kumar, Pradeep & Marjit, Sugata, 2019. "Religious fragmentation, social identity and other-regarding preferences: Evidence from an artefactual field experiment in India," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Kurosaki, Takashi & Shonchoy, Abu S & Tsubota, Kenmei, 2018. "Displacement in Bengal, revisited," IDE Discussion Papers 709, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Tumbe, Chinmay, 2020. "Pandemics and Historical Mortality in India," IIMA Working Papers WP 2020-12-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2008-08-31 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-08-31 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2008-08-31 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MIG-2008-08-31 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:harjfk:rwp08-029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.