Macro Economic Instability and Business Exit: Determinants of Failures and Acquisitions of Large UK Firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- A. Bhattacharjee & Higson, C. & Holly, S. & Kattuman, P., 2002. "Macro Economic Instability and Business Exit: Determinants of Failures and Acquisitions of Large UK Firms," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0206, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Bertola & Luigi Guiso & Luigi Pistaferri, 2005. "Uncertainty and Consumer Durables Adjustment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 973-1007.
- Attanasio, Orazio P., 1995.
"The intertemporal allocation of consumption: theory and evidence,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 39-56, June.
- Orazio P. Attanasio, 1994. "The Intertemporal Allocation of Consumption: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4811, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1978. "Liquidity Considerations in the Theory of Consumption," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(2), pages 279-296.
- Rob Alessie & Stefan Hochguertel & Guglielmo Weber, 2005. "Consumer Credit: Evidence From Italian Micro Data," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(1), pages 144-178, March.
- Alessie, Rob & Devereux, Michael P. & Weber, Guglielmo, 1997.
"Intertemporal consumption, durables and liquidity constraints: A cohort analysis,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 37-59, January.
- Rob Alessie & Michael Devereux & Guglielmo Weber, 1993. "Intertemporal consumption, durables and liquidity constraints: a cohort analysis," IFS Working Papers W93/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Michael Spence, 1977. "Consumer Misperceptions, Product Failure and Producer Liability," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 561-572.
- F. Thomas Juster & Robert P. Shay, 1964. "Consumer Sensitivity to Finance Rates: An Empirical and Analytical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number just64-2, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhattacharjee, Arnab, 2004.
"A Simple Test for the Absence of Covariate Dependence in Hazard Regression Models,"
3937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee, 2007. "A Simple Test for the Absence of Covariate Dependence in Hazard Regression Models," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 200708, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Bonfim, Diana, 2009.
"Credit risk drivers: Evaluating the contribution of firm level information and of macroeconomic dynamics,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 281-299, February.
- Diana Bonfim, 2006. "Credit Risk Drivers: Evaluating the Contribution of Firm Level Information and of Macroeconomic Dynamics," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Diana Bonfim, 2007. "Credit Risk Drivers: Evaluating the Contribution of Firm Level Information and of Macroeconomic Dynamics," Working Papers w200707, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Bhattacharjee, Arnab & Bhattacharjee, Madhuchhanda, 2007.
"Bayesian Analysis of Hazard Regression Models under Order Restrictions on Covariate Effects and Ageing,"
3938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Madhuchhanda Bhattacharjee, 2007. "Bayesian Analysis of Hazard Regression Models under Order Restrictions on Covariate Effects and Ageing," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 200707, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Faiçal Belaid, 2014. "Loan quality determinants: evaluating the contribution of bank-specific variables, macroeconomic factors and firm level information," IHEID Working Papers 04-2014, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Philip Bunn & Victoria Redwood, 2003. "Company accounts based modelling of business failures and the implications for financial stability," Bank of England working papers 210, Bank of England.
- J. David Brown & Julie L. Hotchkiss & Myriam Quispe-Agnoli, 2013.
"Does Employing Undocumented Workers Give Firms A Competitive Advantage?,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 158-170, February.
- Brown, J. David & Hotchkiss, Julie L. & Quispe-Agnoli, Myriam, 2012. "Does employing undocumented workers give firms a competitive advantage?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2012-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- repec:diw:diwfin:diwfin01050 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gongyu Chen & Chris Higson & Sean Holly & Ivan Petrella, 2010. "Equity Markets, Financial Integration and Competitive Convergence," Working Paper / FINESS 1.5, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alessandra Amendola & Marialuisa Restaino & Luca Sensini, 2013. "Corporate Financial Distress And Bankruptcy: A Comparative Analysis In France, Italy And Spain," Global Economic Observer, "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences;Institute for World Economy of the Romanian Academy, vol. 1(2), pages 131-142, November.
- David Greenaway & Joakim Gullstrand & Richard Kneller, 2009.
"Live or Let Die? Alternative Routes to Industry Exit,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 317-337, July.
- David Greenaway, & Joakim Gullstrand, & Richard Kneller, "undated". "Live or Let Die? Alternative Routes to Industry Exit," Discussion Papers 07/10, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Chris Higson & Sean Holly, 2014. "Asymmetric Price Adjustment, Sticky Costs and Operating Leverage over the Business Cycle," SEEC Discussion Papers 1402, Spatial Economics and Econometrics Centre, Heriot Watt University.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Chris Higson & Sean Holly & Paul Kattuman, 2007. "Macroeconomic Conditions and Business Exit: Determinants of Failures and Acquisitions of UK Firms," CDMA Working Paper Series 200713, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Greenaway, David & Gullstrand, Joakim & Kneller, Richard, 2008. "Surviving globalisation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 264-277, March.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee, 2005. "Models of Firm Dynamics and the Hazard Rate of Exits: Reconciling Theory and Evidence using Hazard Regression Models," Econometrics 0503021, EconWPA.
- Marcus Box, 2008. "The death of firms: exploring the effects of environment and birth cohort on firm survival in Sweden," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 379-393, December.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-07-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:ac2002:27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .