Global Imbalances in a World of Inflexible Real Exchange Rates and Capital Controls
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Juan Carlos Martinez Oliva, 2012. "Global Imbalances in a World of Inflexible Real Exchange Rates and Capital Controls," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 319-340, December.
- Hallett, Andrew Hughes & Oliva, Juan Carlos Martinez, 2011. "Global Imbalances in a World of Inflexible Real Exchange Rates and Capital Controls," ADBI Working Papers 330, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Juan Carlos Martinez Oliva, 2011. "Global Imbalances in a World of Inflexible Real Exchange Rates and Capital Controls," Finance Working Papers 23206, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter Garber, 2004. "The revived Bretton Woods system," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 307-313.
- Masson, Paul R., 1981. "Dynamic stability of portfolio balance models of the exchange rate," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 467-477, November.
- W. Max Corden, 2011. "Global Imbalances and the Paradox of Thrift," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2011n20, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Maurico Obstfeld, 2004.
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(4), pages 541-568, December.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 2004. "External Adjustment," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt7bw468wx, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2004. "External Adjustment," NBER Working Papers 10843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Jun I. Kim & Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan D. Ostry & Mahvash S. Qureshi, 2013.
"Fiscal Fatigue, Fiscal Space and Debt Sustainability in Advanced Economies,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 4-30, February.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Jun I. Kim & Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan D. Ostry & Mahvash S. Qureshi, 2011. "Fiscal Fatigue, Fiscal Space and Debt Sustainability in Advanced Economies," NBER Working Papers 16782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter Garber, 2004. "The Revived Bretton Woods System: The Effects of Periphery Intervention and Reserve Management on Interest Rates & Exchange Rates in Center Countries," NBER Working Papers 10332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Juan Martinez Oliva, 2012. "Reducing Global Imbalances: Can Fixed Exchange Rates and Current Account Limits Help?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 163-192, February.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Svend Jensen, 2011. "Stable and enforceable: a new fiscal framework for the Euro area," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 225-245, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mth:ber888:v:7:y:2017:i:1:p:199-226 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manfred G?rtner & Bj?rn Griesbach, 2017.
"Rating Agencies, Self-Fulfilling Prophecy and Multiple Equilibria? An Empirical Model of the European Sovereign Debt Crisis 2009-2011,"
Business and Economic Research,
Macrothink Institute, vol. 7(1), pages 199-226, June.
- Gärtner, Manfred & Griesbach, Björn, 2012. "Rating agencies, self-fulfilling prophecy and multiple equilibria? An empirical model of the European sovereign debt crisis 2009-2011," Economics Working Paper Series 1215, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
More about this item
Keywordsexchange rate; current account balance; Applied General Equilibrium model; capital controls; dynamic equilibria;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:macroe:23206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.