Comparing the Effectiveness of Regulation and Pro-Social Emotions to Enhance Cooperation: Experimental Evidence from Fishing Communities in Colombia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maria Claudia Lopez & James J. Murphy & John M. Spraggon & John K. Stranlund, 2012. "Comparing The Effectiveness Of Regulation And Pro‐Social Emotions To Enhance Cooperation: Experimental Evidence From Fishing Communities In Colombia," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(1), pages 131-142, January.
- Maria Claudia Lopez & James J. Murphy & John M. Spraggon & John K. Stranlund, 2010. "Comparing the Effectiveness of Regulation and Pro-Social Emotions to Enhance Cooperation: Experimental Evidence from Fishing Communities in Colombia," Working Papers 2010-07, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst, 1999. "Collective action as a social exchange," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 341-369, July.
More about this item
Keywordspublic goods; field experiments; pro-social emotions; social dilemma; regulation; enforcement.;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-04-17 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2010-04-17 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2010-04-17 (Public Economics)
- NEP-REG-2010-04-17 (Regulation)
- NEP-SOC-2010-04-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dre:wpaper:2009-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eileen Keegan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .