Google Searches as a Means of Improving the Nowcasts of Key Macroeconomic Variables
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oestmann Marco & Bennöhr Lars, 2015.
"Determinants of house price dynamics. What can we learn from search engine data?,"
Review of Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 66(1), pages 99-127, April.
- Bennöhr, Lars & Oestmann, Marco, 2014. "Determinants of house price dynamics. What can we learn from search engine data?," Working Paper 153/2014, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Oestmann, Marco & Bennöhr, Lars, 2015. "Determinants of house price dynamics. What can we learn from search engine data?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113198, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:386-397 is not listed on IDEAS
- Azusa Matsumoto & Kohei Matsumura & Noriyuki Shiraki, 2013. "Potential of Search Data in Assessment of Current Economic Conditions," Bank of Japan Research Papers 2013-04-18, Bank of Japan.
More about this item
KeywordsGoogle indicators; forecasting; principal components; US private consumption;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp946. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .