La théorie des modèles non coopératifs d'offre de travail et ses applications empiriques
The present paper investigates noncooperative models of labor supply. First, we develop a model of labour supply which generalizes most specifications that can be found in the literature. Then, we study the properties of testability and identifiability of this model and its variations. Finally, we present empirical tests using PSID data.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 48 boulevard Jourdan - 75014 Paris|
Phone: 01 43 13 63 00
Fax: 01 43 13 63 10
Web page: http://www.delta.ens.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Browning, 1994.
"The Saving Behaviour of a Two Person Household,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
1994-01, McMaster University.
- Valerie Lechene & Ian Preston, 2000. "Departures from Slutsky Symmetry in Noncooperative Household Demand Models," Economics Series Working Papers 52, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Shelly Lundberg & Robert A. Pollak, 1996. "Bargaining and Distribution in Marriage," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 139-158, Fall.
- Kooreman, P. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1989.
"On the empirical implementation of some game theoretic models of household labor supply,"
1989-56, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Peter Kooreman & Arie Kapteyn, 1990. "On the Empirical Implementation of Some Game Theoretic Models of Household Labor Supply," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 584-598.
- Kooreman, P. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1990. "On the empirical implementation of some game theoretic models of household labor supply," Other publications TiSEM 4c9bb2ae-f1e6-4924-8cae-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kai A. Konrad & Kjell Erik Lommerud, 2000.
"The bargaining family revisited,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 471-487, May.
- Konrad, K.A. & Lommerud, K.E., 2000. "The Bargaining Family Revisited," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 212, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Lommerud, Kjell Erik, 1996. "The Bargaining Family Revisited," CEPR Discussion Papers 1312, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zhiqi Chen & Frances Woolley, 1999.
"A Cournot-Nash Model of Family Decision Making,"
Carleton Economic Papers
99-13, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2001.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1988. "Rational Household Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 63-90, January.
- Konrad, Kai A & Lommerud, Kjell Erik, 1995. " Family Policy with Non-cooperative Families," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 581-601, December.
- Lundberg, Shelly & Pollak, Robert A, 1994. "Noncooperative Bargaining Models of Marriage," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 132-37, May.
- Richard Blundell & Pierre-André Chiappori & Costas Meghir, 2005.
"Collective Labor Supply with Children,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(6), pages 1277-1306, December.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Jane H. Leuthold, 1968. "An Empirical Study of Formula Income Transfers and the Work Decision of the Poor," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 3(3), pages 312-323.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1992.
"Collective Labor Supply and Welfare,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 437-67, June.
- Kooreman, Peter, 1994. "Estimation of Econometric Models of Some Discrete Games," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 255-68, July-Sept.
- Lundberg, Shelly & Pollak, Robert A, 1993.
"Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 988-1010, December.
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 91-08, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Working Papers 91-08, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Warr, Peter G., 1983. "The private provision of a public good is independent of the distribution of income," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 207-211.
- Lundberg, Shelly J, 1988. "Labor Supply of Husbands and Wives: A Simultaneous Equations Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 224-35, May.
- Martin Browning & Valérie Lechene, 2001.
"Caring and Sharing: Tests Between Alternative Models of Intra-household Allocation,"
01-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Valerie Lechene & Martin Browning, 2001. "Caring and Sharing: Tests Between Alternative Models of Intra-Household Allocation," Economics Series Working Papers 70, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:del:abcdef:2004-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.