An Analysis of the Dismal Theorem
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dellink, Rob & Finus, Michael, 2012.
"Uncertainty and climate treaties: Does ignorance pay?,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 565-584.
- Dellink, Rob & Finus, Michael, 2009. "Uncertainty and Climate Treaties: Does Ignorance Pay?," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-15, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Dietz, Simon, 2011. "High impact, low probability?: an empirical analysis of risk in the economics of climate change," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38586, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hennlock, Magnus, 2009. "Robust Control in Global Warming Management: An Analytical Dynamic Integrated Assessment," Discussion Papers dp-09-19, Resources For the Future.
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:06:y:2015:i:02:n:s2010007815500098 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ikefuji, Masako & Laeven, Roger J.A. & Magnus, Jan R. & Muris, Chris, 2015. "Expected utility and catastrophic consumption risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 306-312.
- Traeger, Christian P., 2009. "The Social Discount Rate under Intertemporal Risk Aversion and Ambiguity," CUDARE Working Papers 55785, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Jorge Fernandez & Sebastian Miller, 2011.
"When Should Developing Countries Announce Their Climate Policy?,"
Research Department Publications
4755, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Fernández, Jorge & Miller, Sebastián J., 2012. "When Should Developing Countries Announce Their Climate Policy?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3960, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Kelly, David L. & Tan, Zhuo, 2015. "Learning and climate feedbacks: Optimal climate insurance and fat tails," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 98-122.
- repec:taf:jsustf:v:7:y:2017:i:3:p:233-274 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hin:complx:1967645 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Anthoff & Richard Tol, 2014.
"Climate policy under fat-tailed risk: an application of FUND,"
Annals of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 220(1), pages 223-237, September.
- Tol, Richard S. J. & Anthoff, David, 2010. "Climate Policy under Fat-Tailed Risk: An Application of FUND," Papers WP348, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Baum, Seth D., 2009. "Description, prescription and the choice of discount rates," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 197-205, November.
- repec:eee:macchp:v2-1893 is not listed on IDEAS
- Horowitz, John & Lange, Andreas, 2014. "Cost–benefit analysis under uncertainty — A note on Weitzman's dismal theorem," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 201-203.
- Dietz, Simon, 2009. "High impact, low probability? An empirical analysis of risk in the economics of climate change," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37612, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Barrett, Scott, 2013. "Climate treaties and approaching catastrophes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 235-250.
- Rob Dellink & Thijs Dekker & Janina Ketterer, 2013. "The Fatter the Tail, the Fatter the Climate Agreement," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 56(2), pages 277-305, October.
More about this item
KeywordsDismal theorem; Uncertainty; Climate change; Catastrophes;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.