Fiscal Rules and Fiscal Performance in the EU and Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Hagen, Jürgen von, 2006. "Fiscal Rules and Fiscal Performance in the EU and Japan," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 147, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2007:i:8:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sacchi, Agnese & Salotti, Simone, 2015.
"The impact of national fiscal rules on the stabilisation function of fiscal policy,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-20.
- Sacchi, Agnese & Salotti, Simone, 2014. "The impact of national fiscal rules on the stabilisation function of fiscal policy," MPRA Paper 56982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bove, Vincenzo & Efthyvoulou, Georgios & Navas, Antonio, 2017.
"Political cycles in public expenditure: butter vs guns,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 582-604.
- Bove, Vincenzo & Efthyvoulou, Georgios, 2013. "Political Cycles in Public Expenditure: Butter vs Guns," NEPS Working Papers 7/2013, Network of European Peace Scientists.
- Vincenzo Bove & Georgios Efthyvoulou & Antonio Navas, 2013. "Political Cycles in Public Expenditure: Butter vs Guns," Working Papers 2013016, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Muscatelli, Vito A. & Natale, Piergiovanna & Tirelli, Patrizio, 2012. "A simple and flexible alternative to Stability and Growth Pact deficit ceilings. Is it at hand?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 14-26.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2009. "Did the Maastricht treaty matter for macroeconomic performance? A difference-in-difference investigation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 331-358, August.
- Bertrand Candelon & Joan Muysken & Robert Vermeulen, 2010.
"Fiscal policy and monetary integration in Europe: an update,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 323-349, April.
- Candelon Bertrand & Muysken Joan & Vermeulen Robert, 2007. "Fiscal Policy and Monetary Integration in Europe: An Update," Research Memorandum 050, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Candelon Bertrand & Muysken Joan & Vermeulen Robert, 2008. "Fiscal Policy and Monetary Integration in Europe: An Update," Research Memorandum 038, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- repec:eee:macchp:v2-2599 is not listed on IDEAS
- Combes, Jean-Louis & Minea, Alexandru & Sow, Moussé, 2017.
"Is fiscal policy always counter- (pro-) cyclical? The role of public debt and fiscal rules,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 138-146.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Alexandru Minea & Moussé Sow, 2017. "Is fiscal policy always counter- (pro-) cyclical? The role of public debt and fiscal rules," Post-Print hal-01682627, HAL.
- Miyazaki, Tomomi, 2014.
"Fiscal reform and fiscal sustainability: Evidence from Australia and Sweden,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 141-151.
- Tomomi Miyazaki, 2014. "Fiscal Reform and Fiscal Sustainability: Evidence from Australia and Sweden," Discussion Papers 1407, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Marco Buti & João Nogueira Martins & Alessandro Turrini, 2007.
"From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 53(1), pages 115-152, March.
- Buti, Marco & Martins, Joao Nogueira & Turrini, Alessandro Antonio, 2006. "From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 5809, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2013.
"The Deterioration in the US Fiscal Outlook, 2001-2010,"
Tax Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 1-18.
- Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2012. "The Deterioration in the U.S. Fiscal Outlook, 2001–2010," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 27, pages 1-18 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Burger & Chandapiwa Jimmy, 2006. "Should South Africa Have A Fiscal Rule?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 74(4), pages 642-669, December.
- Anthony M Annett, 2006. "Enforcement and the Stability and Growth Pact; How Fiscal Policy Did and Did Not Change Under Europe’s Fiscal Framework," IMF Working Papers 06/116, International Monetary Fund.
- Maltritz, Dominik & Wüste, Sebastian, 2015. "Determinants of budget deficits in Europe: The role and relations of fiscal rules, fiscal councils, creative accounting and the Euro," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 222-236.
- Bernardino Benito & Francisco Bastida & Cristina Vicente, 2013. "Creating Room for Manoeuvre: a Strategy to Generate Political Budget Cycles under Fiscal Rules," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(4), pages 467-496, November.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:16:y:2013:i:1:p:46-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katsimi, Margarita & Moutos, Thomas, 2010. "EMU and the Greek crisis: The political-economy perspective," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 568-576, December.
- Blavoukos, Spyros & Pagoulatos, George, 2008. "Fiscal adjustment in Southern Europe: the limits of EMU conditionality," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 5607, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Spyros Blavoukos & George Pagoulatos, 2008. "Fiscal Adjustment in Southern Europe: the Limits of EMU Conditionality," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 12, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal policy; government budgeting; political budget cycles;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-12-09 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2005-12-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-12-09 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:5330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.