Well-Being, Poverty and Labor Income Taxation: Theory and Application to Europe and the U.S
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maniquet, François & Neumann, Dirk, 2016. "Well-Being, Poverty and Labor Income Taxation: Theory and Application to Europe and the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 10181, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Laurence Jacquet & Etienne Lehmann, 2015. "Optimal Income Taxation when Skills and Behavioral Elasticities are Heterogeneous," CESifo Working Paper Series 5265, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wane, Waly, 2001.
"The optimal income tax when poverty is a public 'bad',"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 271-299, November.
- Wane, Waly, 2000. "The optimal income tax when poverty is a public"bad"," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2270, The World Bank.
- Ravi Kanbur & Tuuli Paukkeri & Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala, 2018.
"Optimal taxation and public provision for poverty reduction,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 25(1), pages 64-98, February.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Pirttilä, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti & Ylinen, Tuuli, 2015. "Optimal Taxation and Public Provision for Poverty Reduction," CEPR Discussion Papers 10754, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Pirttila, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti & Ylinen, Tuuli, 2015. "Optimal Taxation And Public Provision For Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 250018, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kanbur Ravi & Paukkeri Tuuli & Pirttila Jukka & Tuomala Matti, 2016. "Optimal Taxation and Public Provision for Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 1611, Tampere University, School of Management and Business, Economics.
- Ravi Kanbur & Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala & Tuuli Ylinen, 2015. "Optimal taxation and public provision for poverty reduction," WIDER Working Paper Series 054, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1992. "Workfare versus Welfare Incentive Arguments for Work Requirements in Poverty-Alleviation Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 249-261, March.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 2012. "Preference, Value, Choice, and Welfare," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107015432.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 2012. "Preference, Value, Choice, and Welfare," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107695122.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stéphane Gauthier & Taraneh Tabatabai, 2019.
"How incentives matter? An illustration from the targeted subsidies reform in Iran,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 52(1), pages 97-125, January.
- Stéphane Gauthier & Taraneh Tabatabai, 2016. "How incentives matter ? An illustration from the Targeted Subsidies reform in Iran," Working Papers halshs-01542799, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordswell-being; poverty; labor income taxation;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2016029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.