Microeconomic models for long-memory in the volatility of financial time series
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kirman Alan & Teyssière Gilles, 2002. "Microeconomic Models for Long Memory in the Volatility of Financial Time Series," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(4), pages 1-23, January.
- Gilles Teyssière & Alan Kirman, 2001. "Microeconomic Models for Long-Memory in the Volatility of Financial Time Series," CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001 5A.4, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- KIRMAN, Alan & TEYSSIÈRE, Gilles, 2002. "Microeconomic models for long memory in the volatility of financial time series," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1593, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Alan P. Kirman, Gilles Teyssiere, 2001. "Microeconomic Models for Long-Memory in the Volatility of Financial Time Series," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 221, Society for Computational Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1998.
"Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 66(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1994. "Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests," Working Papers 903, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:90:y:1996:i:03:p:567-580_20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan Kirman, 1993. "Ants, Rationality, and Recruitment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 137-156.
- David Byers & James Davidson & David Peel, 1997. "Modelling Political Popularity: an Analysis of Long-range Dependence in Opinion Poll Series," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 160(3), pages 471-490.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Robinson, Peter M. & Surgailis, Donatas, 2000. "A model for long memory conditional heteroscedasticity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 299, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lee, Dongin & Schmidt, Peter, 1996.
"On the power of the KPSS test of stationarity against fractionally-integrated alternatives,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 285-302, July.
- Lee, D. & Schmidt, P., 1993. "On the Power of the KPSS Test of Stationarity Against Fractionally-Integrated Alternatives," Papers 9111, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Robinson, Peter & Surgailis, Donatas, 2000. "A model for long memory conditional heteroscedasticity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2103, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1994.
"Approximate Asymptotic Distribution Functions for Unit-Root and Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 167-176, April.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1992. "Approximate Asymptotic Distribution Functions for Unit Roots and Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 861, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Avery, Christopher & Zemsky, Peter, 1998. "Multidimensional Uncertainty and Herd Behavior in Financial Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 724-748, September.
- Dacorogna, Michael M. & Muller, Ulrich A. & Nagler, Robert J. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V., 1993. "A geographical model for the daily and weekly seasonal volatility in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 413-438, August.
- Ignacio N. Lobato & Peter M. Robinson, 1998. "A Nonparametric Test for I(0)," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 475-495.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
More about this item
Keywordslong-memory; microeconomic models; ﬁeld effects; semiparametric tests; conditional heteroskedasticity;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2002056. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .