Partial decentralization as a safeguard against favoritism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Satterthwaite, Mark, 2003. " Competition and Market Power in Option Demand Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 737-763, Winter.
- Thomas Buchmueller & John Dinardo, 2002.
"Did Community Rating Induce an Adverse Selection Death Spiral? Evidence from New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 280-294, March.
- Thomas Buchmueller & John DiNardo, 1999. "Did Community Rating Induce an Adverse Selection Death Spiral? Evidencefrom New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut," NBER Working Papers 6872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ching-To Albert Ma & Michael H. Riordan, 2002. "Health Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Managed Care," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 81-107, March.
- Bijlsma, Michiel & Boone, Jan & Zwart, Gijsbert, 2009.
"Selective contracting and foreclosure in health care markets,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7576, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Jan Boone & Gijsbert Zwart, 2010. "Selective contracting and foreclosure in health care markets," CPB Discussion Paper 140, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Bijlsma, M. & Boone, J. & Zwart, Gijsbert, 2009. "Selective Contracting and Foreclosure in Health Care Markets," Discussion Paper 2009-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- David Bardey & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2010.
"Competition Among Health Plans: A Two-Sided Market Approach,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 435-451, June.
- David Bardey & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2009. "Competition among health plans: a two-sided market approach," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 005217, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Bourgeon, Jean-Marc & Picard, Pierre & Pouyet, Jerome, 2008. "Providers' affiliation, insurance and collusion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 170-186, January.
- Andrew M. Jones (ed.), 2006. "The Elgar Companion to Health Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3572.
More about this item
KeywordsAccountability; Multitask; Internalization of spillovers; Substitution.;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H10 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-PBE-2011-02-19 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000092:007933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .