The fight against corruption and the role of parliamentarians
This note outlines some challenges facing parliamentarians in the fight against corruption. To succeed, it is argued, requires open-mindedness with respect to the weaknesses of political institutions, and to seriously consider the possible role of politicians in fuelling corruption.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +47 55 57 40 00
Fax: +47 55 57 41 66
Web page: http://www.cmi.no
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Tungodden, Bertil, 2003.
"Fiscal Corruption: A Vice or a Virtue?,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1459-1467, August.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, 2002. "Fighting fiscal corruption: The case of the Tanzania Revenue Authority," CMI Working Papers WP 2002:3, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Fjeldstad, O.H., 2001. "Fiscal Decentralisation in Tanzania: For Better of for Worse?," Papers 2001:10, Universitat Zurich - Wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Institut.
- Hellman, Joel S. & Jones, Geraint & Kaufmann, daniel, 2000. ""Seize the state, seize the day": state capture, corruption, and influence in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2444, The World Bank.
- Hauk, Esther & Sáez-Martí, María, 2001.
"On the Cultural Transmission of Corruption,"
Working Paper Series
564, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Jan Isaksen, 2002. "Energy cooperation in Southern Africa: What role for Norway?," CMI Working Papers WP 2002:4, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Daniel Lederman & Norman V. Loayza & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Accountability And Corruption: Political Institutions Matter,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 1-35, 03.
- Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman & Reis Soares, Rodrigo, 2001. "Accountability and corruption : political institutions matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2708, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2002-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.