The fight against corruption and the role of parliamentarians
This note outlines some challenges facing parliamentarians in the fight against corruption. To succeed, it is argued, requires open-mindedness with respect to the weaknesses of political institutions, and to seriously consider the possible role of politicians in fuelling corruption.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 6033, N-5020 Bergen|
Phone: +47 55 57 40 00
Fax: +47 55 57 41 66
Web page: http://www.cmi.no
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hauk, Esther & Saez-Marti, Maria, 2002.
"On the Cultural Transmission of Corruption,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 311-335, December.
- Sáez Martí, María & Hauk, Esther, 1998. "On the cultural transmission of corruption," UC3M Working papers. Economics 4143, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Hauk, Esther & Sáez-Martí, María, 2001. "On the Cultural Transmission of Corruption," Working Paper Series 564, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Esther Hauk & Maria Sáez, 1999. "On the cultural transmission of corruption," Economics Working Papers 392, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Daniel Lederman & Norman V. Loayza & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Accountability And Corruption: Political Institutions Matter,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 1-35, 03.
- Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman & Reis Soares, Rodrigo, 2001. "Accountability and corruption : political institutions matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2708, The World Bank.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, 2002. "Fighting fiscal corruption: The case of the Tanzania Revenue Authority," CMI Working Papers WP 2002:3, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Fjeldstad, O.H., 2001. "Fiscal Decentralisation in Tanzania: For Better of for Worse?," Papers 2001:10, Universitat Zurich - Wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Institut.
- Hellman, Joel S. & Jones, Geraint & Kaufmann, daniel, 2000. ""Seize the state, seize the day": state capture, corruption, and influence in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2444, The World Bank.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad & Bertil Tungodden, 2001.
"Fiscal corruption: A vice or a virtue?,"
CMI Working Papers
WP 2001:13, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Jan Isaksen, 2002. "Energy cooperation in Southern Africa: What role for Norway?," CMI Working Papers WP 2002:4, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2002-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.