Will Debt Relief Make a Difference? Impact and Expectations of the Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chong, Alberto & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio, 2002.
"Privatization and labor force restructuring around the world,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2884, The World Bank.
- Alberto E. Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2003. "Privatization and Labor Force Restructuring around the World," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1460, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2003. "Privatization and Labor Force Restructuring Around the World," Research Department Publications 4329, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Simeon Djankov & Peter Murrell, 2002.
"Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 739-792, September.
- Djankov, Simeon & Murrell, Peter, 2002. "Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 3319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antonio Estache & Juan Manuel Campos & Nadine Martin & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "Macroeconomic Effects of Private Sector Participation in Infrastructure," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44067, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jozef M van Brabant, 2000. "Without a Map – Political Tactics and Economic Reform in Russia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 42(2), pages 109-112, July.
- Paredes M., Ricardo, 2001. "Redistributive Impact of Privatization and the Regulation of Utilities in Chile," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- J. Kornai, 2000. "Ten Years After "The Road to a Free Economy": The Author's Self-evaluation," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 12.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1999.
"Winners and Losers from the Privatization and Regulation of Utilities: Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model of Argentina,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 357-378, May.
- Antonio Estache & Omar Chisari & C. Romero, 1999. "Winners and Losers from the Privatization and Regulation of Utilities: Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model of Argentina," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Barja, Gover & McKenzie, David & Urquiola, Miguel, 2004. "Bolivian capitalization and privatization: Approximation to an evaluation," MPRA Paper 23878, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2005.
- George R.G. Clarke & Katrina Kosec & Scott Wallsten, 2009.
"Has private participation in water and sewerage improved coverage? Empirical evidence from Latin America,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 327-361.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Kosec, Katrina & Wallsten, Scott, 2004. "Has private participation in water and sewerage improved coverage? - empirical evidence from Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3445, The World Bank.
- Ronald Fischer & Rodrigo Gutiérrez & Pablo Serra, 2002. "The Effects of Privatization on Firms and on Social Welfare," Documentos de Trabajo 131, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Máximo Torero & Alberto Pascó-Font, 2003.
"The social impact of privatization and the regulation of utilities in Peru,"
Chapters,in: Utility Privatization and Regulation, chapter 11
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Torero, Maximo & Pasco-Font, Alberto, 2001. "The Social Impact of Privatization and the Regulation of Utilities in Peru," WIDER Working Paper Series 017, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Federico Sturzenegger & Ernesto Schargrodsky & Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler, 2003. "The Costs and Benefits of Privatization in Argentina: A Microeconomic Analysis," Research Department Publications 3148, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Newbery, David M & Pollitt, Michael G, 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatization of Britain's CEGB--Was It Worth It?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 269-303, September.
- Delfino, Jose A. & Casarin, Ariel A., 2001. "The Reform of the Utilities Sector in Argentina," WIDER Working Paper Series 074, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Domah, P. & Pollitt, M.G., 2000. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of Electricity Distribution and Supply Businesses in England and Wales: A Social Cost Benefit Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0007, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- J. Stiglitz, 1999. "Whither Reform? Ten Years of the Transition," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 7.
- John Nellis, 2003. "Privatization in Latin America," Working Papers 31, Center for Global Development.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Freytag, Andreas & Pehnelt, Gernot, 2009. "Debt Relief and Governance Quality in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 62-80, January.
- Danny Cassimon & Marin Ferry & Marc Raffinot & Bjorn Van Campenhout, 2017. "Dynamic Fiscal Impact of The Debt Relief Initiatives on African Highly Indebted Poor Countries (HIPCs)," Working Papers hal-01489613, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt reief; multilateral; foreign aid; poverty; development;
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.