Back to the Future for African Infrastructure? Why State-Ownership Is No More Promising the Second Time Around
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Greene, Pamela & McClelland, Robert, 2001. "Taxes and Charitable Giving," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(n. 3), pages 433-53, September.
- Tiehen, Laura, 2001. "Tax Policy and Charitable Contributions of Money," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(n. 4), pages 707-23, December.
- David Roodman, 2004. "An Index of Donor Performance," Working Papers 42, Center for Global Development.
- Andreoni, James, 2006. "Philanthropy," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Greene, Pamela & McClelland, Robert, 2001. "Taxes and Charitable Giving," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(3), pages 433-453, September.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Taylor, Amy, 1976. "The Income Tax and Charitable Contributions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(6), pages 1201-1222, November.
- Neil Gilbert, 2005. "The "Enabling State?" from Public to Private Responsibility for Social Protection: Pathways and Pitfalls," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 26, OECD Publishing.
- Clotfelter, Charles T., 1985. "Federal Tax Policy and Charitable Giving," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226110486.
- Clotfelter, Charles T., 1997. "The Economics of Giving," Working Papers 97-19, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Oecd, 2004. "Philanthropic Foundations and Development Co-operation," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 73-148.
- Kay, John A, 1990. "Tax Policy: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 18-75, March.
More about this item
Keywordsprivatization; private sector; African state-owned enterprise; commercialization; private participation in infrastructure;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- O0 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2006-08-19 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-08-19 (Development)
- NEP-PBE-2006-08-19 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.