The Road to Pro-Poor Growth: The Indonesian Experience in Regional Perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- C. Peter Timmer, 2004. "The road to pro-poor growth: the Indonesian experience in regional perspective," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 177-207.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khilji, Nasir M. & Zampelli, Ernest M., 1994. "The fungibility of U.S. military and non-military assistance and the impacts on expenditures of major aid recipients," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 345-362, April.
- Danielle Hay & Stephen Howes, 2012. "Australia’s Pacific Seasonal Worker Pilot Scheme: why has take-up been so low?," Development Policy Centre Discussion Papers 1217, Development Policy Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie, 2012.
"The Economic Consequences of ‘Brain Drain’ of the Best and Brightest: Microeconomic Evidence from Five Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(560), pages 339-375, May.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David, 2010. "The Economic Consequences of "Brain Drain" of the Best and Brightest: Microeconomic Evidence from Five Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 5124, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Gibson & David Mckenzie, 2010. "The Economic Consequences of ‘Brain Drain’ of the Best and Brightest: Microeconomic Evidence from Five Countries," Working Papers in Economics 10/05, University of Waikato.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David, 2010. "The economic consequences of"brain drain"of the best and brightest: microeconomic evidence from five countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5394, The World Bank.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie, 2010. "The Economic Consequences of "Brain Drain" of the Best and Brightest: Microeconomic Evidence from Five Countries," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1018, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- David McKenzie & John Gibson & Steven Stillman, 2010.
"How Important Is Selection? Experimental vs. Non-Experimental Measures of the Income Gains from Migration,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 8(4), pages 913-945, June.
- David McKenzie & Steven Stillman & John Gibson, 2010. "How Important is Selection? Experimental VS. Non‐Experimental Measures of the Income Gains from Migration," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 913-945, June.
- McKenzie, David & Gibson, John & Stillman, Steven, 2006. "How Important Is Selection? Experimental vs. Non-Experimental Measures of the Income Gains from Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 2087, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nathan Nunn & Nancy Qian, 2014.
"The Determinants of Food-Aid Provisions to Africa and the Developing World,"
NBER Chapters,in: African Successes, Volume IV: Sustainable Growth, pages 161-178
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathan Nunn & Nancy Qian, 2010. "The Determinants of Food Aid Provisions to Africa and the Developing World," NBER Working Papers 16610, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Steven Stillman, 2013.
"Accounting for Selectivity and Duration-Dependent Heterogeneity When Estimating the Impact of Emigration on Incomes and Poverty in Sending Areas,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 247-280.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David & Stillman, Steven, 2010. "Accounting for selectivity and duration-dependent heterogeneity when estimating the impact of emigration on incomes and poverty in sending areas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5268, The World Bank.
- repec:ecj:econjl:v:122:y:2012:i::p:339-375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Feyzioglu, Tarhan & Swaroop, Vinaya & Zhu, Min, 1998. "A Panel Data Analysis of the Fungibility of Foreign Aid," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 29-58, January.
- Ilyana Kuziemko & Eric Werker, 2006. "How Much Is a Seat on the Security Council Worth? Foreign Aid and Bribery at the United Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(5), pages 905-930, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leigh, Andrew & van der Eng, Pierre, 2009. "Inequality in Indonesia: What can we learn from top incomes?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 209-212, February.
- Axelsson, Tobias & Palacio, Andrés, 2017. "Transforming Indonesia: Structural change in a regional perspective 1968-2010," Lund Papers in Economic History 164, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Andy Sumner & Peter Edward, 2013. "From Low Income, High Poverty to High-Income, No Poverty? An Optimistic View of the Long-Run Evolution of Poverty in Indonesia By International Poverty Lines, 1984–2030," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201310, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Jun 2013.
- Sumarto, Sudarno & de Silva, Indunil, 2013. "Poverty-growth-Inequality Triangle: The Case of Indonesia," MPRA Paper 57135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 2006. "Globalization and rural poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1393-1404, August.
- Asian Development Bank Institute, 2017. "Eradicating Poverty and Promoting Prosperity in a Changing Asia-Pacific," Working Papers id:11706, eSocialSciences.
- Indunil De Silva & Sudarno Sumarto, 2015.
"Dynamics Of Growth, Poverty And Human Capital: Evidence From Indonesian Sub-National Data,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 40(2), pages 1-33, June.
- de Silva, Indunil & Sumarto, Sudarno, 2014. "Dynamics of Growth, Poverty and Human Capital: Evidence from Indonesian Sub-National Data," MPRA Paper 65328, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Nov 2014.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Cummings, Ralph Jr. & Gulati, Ashok, 2005. "Grain marketing parastatals in Asia," MTID discussion papers 80, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pranab Bardhan, 2006. "Globalization, Inequality, and Poverty," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9126, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2006. "Globalization, Inequality, and Poverty," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2329, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Foldvari, Peter & van Leeuwen, Bas & Marks, Daan & Gall, Jozsef, 2013. "Indonesian regional welfare development, 1900–1990: New anthropometric evidence," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 78-89.
- Bas van Leeuwen & Peter Foldvari, 2012. "The development of inequality and poverty in Indonesia, 1932-1999," Working Papers 0026, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2005. "Economic Rights, Human Development Effort and Institutions," Working papers 2005-40, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Tomokazu Arita & Chie Iguchi & Philip McCann, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment, Knowledge Assets and the Economic Geography of Growth in the Asian BRIICS Countries," Chapters,in: Endogenous Regional Development, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sumarto, Sudarno & De Silva, Indunil, 2014. "Being Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise: Dynamics of Indonesian Subnational Growth and Poverty," MPRA Paper 57824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C. Timmer Peter, 2017. "Working Paper 259 - Structural Transformation and Food Security: Their Mutual Interdependence," Working Paper Series 2370, African Development Bank.
- Saleem, Zahabia & Donaldson, John A., 2016. "Pathways to poverty reduction," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67523, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsIndonesia; pro-poor growth; economic growth; distribution process;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-08-26 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2006-08-26 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .