The (Indispensable) Middle Class in Developing Countries; or, The Rich and the Rest, Not the Poor and the Rest
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amrita Chhachhi & Jan Nederveen Pieterse, 2014. "Protest Begets Progress, Probably: Human Development Report 2013," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 45(5), pages 1205-1218, September.
- Handley, Antoinette, 2014. "Varieties of capitalists? The middle class, private sector and economic outcomes in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 101, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lukas Schlogl & Andy Sumner, 2014. "How Middle Class are the ‘Emerging Middle’ or ‘Scooter Class’ in Indonesia? A Household Asset Approach to Social Stratification," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201407, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2014.
- Çakır, Mustafa Yavuz & Kabundi, Alain, 2013.
"Trade shocks from BRIC to South Africa: A global VAR analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 190-202.
- Mustafa Yavuz Cakir & Alain Kabundi, 2011. "Trade Shocks from BRIC to South Africa: A Global VAR Analysis," Working Papers 250, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:63:y:2017:i:4:p:608-632 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eduardo Lora & Johanna Fajardo, 2013.
"Latin American Middle Classes: The Distance Between Perception and Reality,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2013), pages 33-60, August.
- Eduardo Lora & Johanna Fajardo, 2011. "Latin American Middle Classes: The Distance between Perception and Reality," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3819, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Lora & Deisy Johanna Fajardo, 2011. "Latin American Middle Classes: The Distance between Perception and Reality," Research Department Publications 4727, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Akaev, Askar & Sarygulov, Askar & Sokolov, Valentin, 2012. "The Formation of the Middle Class as a Way to Overcome Economic Inequality (Analyzing the International Experience)," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, pages 102-117, October.
- Alain Desdoigts & Fernando Jaramillo, 2017. "Learning by Doing, Inequality, and Sustained Growth: A Middle-class Perspective," EUSP Department of Economics Working Paper Series 2017/05, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Abebe Shimeles & Mthuli Ncube, 2015. "The Making of the Middle-Class in Africa: Evidence from DHS Data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 178-193, February.
- repec:taf:pocoec:v:29:y:2017:i:2:p:250-264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maitra, Sudeshna, 2016. "The poor get poorer: Tracking relative poverty in India using a durables-based mixture model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 110-120.
More about this item
Keywordsmiddle class; developing countries; growth; economics; development; poverty; human capital;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-08-28 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2010-08-28 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PKE-2010-08-28 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .