Alternative estimating and testing empirical strategies for fractional regression models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Esmeralda A. Ramalho & Joaquim J.S. Ramalho & José M.R. Murteira, 2011. "Alternative Estimating And Testing Empirical Strategies For Fractional Regression Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 19-68, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joaquim J.S. Ramalho & Jacinto Vidigal da Silva, 2009.
"A two-part fractional regression model for the financial leverage decisions of micro, small, medium and large firms,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 621-636.
- Joaquim J.S. Ramalho & Jacinto Vidigal da Silva, 2006. "A two-part fractional regression model for the financial leverage decisions of micro, small, medium and large firms," Economics Working Papers 9_2006, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Paolino, Philip, 2001. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Models with Beta-Distributed Dependent Variables," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 325-346, January.
- Chesher, Andrew, 1983. "The information matrix test : Simplified calculation via a score test interpretation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 45-48.
- Machado, Jose A F & Santos Silva, Joao M C, 2008. "Quantiles for Fractions and Other Mixed Data," Economics Discussion Papers 3550, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Harald Oberhofer & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2014.
"Two-Part Models for Fractional Responses Defined as Ratios of Integers,"
Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 1-22, September.
- Harald Oberhofer & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2014. "Two-Part Models for Fractional Responses Defined as Ratios of Integers," WIFO Working Papers 472, WIFO.
- Enrico Santarelli & Hien Thu Tran, 2018. "The interaction of institutional quality and human capital in shaping the dynamics of capital structure in Vietnam," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2018-66, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gregory, Allan W. & McCurdy, Thomas H., 1986. "The unbiasedness hypothesis in the forward foreign exchange market: A specification analysis with application to France, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and West Germany," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 365-381, April.
- Stomberg, Christopher & White, Halbert, 2000. "Bootstrapping the Information Matrix Test," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt158451cr, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Elmas Yaldiz Hanedar & Eleonora Broccardo & Flavio Bazzana, 2012. "Collateral Requirements of SMEs:The Evidence from Less–Developed Countries," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 0034, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- S. Balia, 2007.
"Reporting expected longevity and smoking: evidence from the SHARE,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200705, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Silvia Balia, 2007. "Reporting expected longevity and smoking: evidence from the SHARE," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/10, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:5:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Suhail Rizwan & Asifa Obaid & Dawood Ashraf, 2017. "The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Default Risk: Empirical evidence from US Firms," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 9(3), pages 36-70, September.
- Latouche, Karine & Rouviere, Elodie, 2011.
"Brokers vs. Retailers: Evidence from the French Imports Industry of Fresh Produce,"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
114398, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Latouche, Karine & Rouviere, Elodie, 2012. "Brokers vs. Retailers: Evidence from the French Imports Industry of Fresh Produce," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123331, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elodie Rouviere & Karine Latouche, 2012. "Brokers vs. Retailers: Evidence from the French Imports Industry of Fresh Produce," Post-Print hal-01585530, HAL.
- Elodie Rouviere & Karine Latouche, 2013. "Brokers vs. Retailers: Evidence from the French Imports Industry of Fresh Produce," Post-Print hal-01585513, HAL.
- Elodie Rouvière & Karine Latouche, 2012. "Brokers vs. Retailers: Evidence from the French Imports Industry of Fresh Produce," Post-Print hal-01584235, HAL.
- Baccini, Leonardo & Urpelainen, Johannes, 2012. "Legislative fractionalization and partisan shifts to the left increase the volatility of public energy R&D expenditures," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45571, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Thi Hong Hoang & Călin Gurău & Amine Lahiani & Thuy-Luu Seran, 2018. "Do crises impact capital structure? A study of French micro-enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 181-199, January.
- Wanling Huang & Artem Prokhorov, 2014. "A Goodness-of-fit Test for Copulas," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(7), pages 751-771, October.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Maria Malmierca, 2021. "Persistence in the Private Debt-to-GDP Ratio: Evidence from 43 OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 8889, CESifo.
- Lucio Masserini & Matilde Bini & Monica Pratesi, 2017. "Effectiveness of non-selective evaluation test scores for predicting first-year performance in university career: a zero-inflated beta regression approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 693-708, March.
- Radhakanta Das & Vivek Verma & Dilip C. Nath, 2017. "Bayesian Estimation Of Measles Vaccination Coverage Under Ranked Set Sampling," Statistics in Transition New Series, Polish Statistical Association, vol. 18(4), pages 589-608, December.
- Mussa, Richard, 2015. "Catastrophic health payments in Malawi: analysis of determinants using a zero-inflated beta regression," MPRA Paper 65201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Choi, Hwan-sik, 2016. "Information theory for maximum likelihood estimation of diffusion models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 110-128.
- Montoya-Blandón, Santiago & Jacho-Chávez, David T., 2020. "Semiparametric quasi maximum likelihood estimation of the fractional response model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 186(C).
- John Mullahy, 2010.
"Multivariate Fractional Regression Estimation of Econometric Share Models,"
NBER Working Papers
16354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Mullahy, 2011. "Multivariate Fractional Regression Estimation Of Econometric Share Models," Working Papers 201133, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Machado, José A.F. & Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Wei, Kehai, 2016. "Quantiles, corners, and the extensive margin of trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 73-84.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1998.
"Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1994. "Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests," Working Paper 903, Economics Department, Queen's University.
More about this item
KeywordsFractional regression models; Conditional mean tests; Non-nested hypotheses; Zero outcomes; Two-part models.;
All these keywords.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2009-05-16 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfe:wpcefa:2009_08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfevopt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Angela Pacheco (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfevopt.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.