A Simple Characterization of Dynamic Completeness in Continuous Time
I establish a necessary and sufficient condition for the securities' market to be dynamically-complete in a single-commodity, pure-exchange economy with many Lucas' trees whose dividends are geometric Brownian motions. Even though my analysis is based upon the representative-agent version of this economy, the condition depends neither on the utility function of the representative agent, nor on the functional form of her endowment. As a consequence, it characterizes dynamic completeness in this economy even in the presence of many heterogenous agents.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.carloalberto.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ian Martin, 2013.
"The Lucas Orchard,"
Econometric Society, vol. 81(1), pages 55-111, 01.
- Instefjord, Norvald, 2005. "Risk and hedging: Do credit derivatives increase bank risk?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 333-345, February.
- Cadenillas, Abel & Zapatero, Fernando, 1999. "Optimal Central Bank Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 218-242, July.
- Jim Gatheral & Alexander Schied, 2011. "Optimal Trade Execution Under Geometric Brownian Motion In The Almgren And Chriss Framework," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(03), pages 353-368.
- Bick, Avi, 1987. "On the Consistency of the Black-Scholes Model with a General Equilibrium Framework," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 259-275, September.
- Fleten, Stein-Erik & Maribu, Karl Magnus & Wangensteen, Ivar, 2005.
"Optimal investment strategies in decentralized renewable power generation under uncertainty,"
218, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2006.
- Fleten, S.-E. & Maribu, K.M. & Wangensteen, I., 2007. "Optimal investment strategies in decentralized renewable power generation under uncertainty," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 803-815.
- Duffie, Darrell & Skiadas, Costis, 1994. "Continuous-time security pricing : A utility gradient approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 107-131, March.
- Postali, Fernando A.S. & Picchetti, Paulo, 2006. "Geometric Brownian Motion and structural breaks in oil prices: A quantitative analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 506-522, July.
- Julien HUGONNIER & Semyon MALAMUD & Eugene TRUBOWITZ, .
"Endogenous completeness of diffusion driven equilibrium markets,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
09-41, Swiss Finance Institute.
- J. Hugonnier & S. Malamud & E. Trubowitz, 2012. "Endogenous Completeness of Diffusion Driven Equilibrium Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 1249-1270, 05.
- Jan Ericsson & Olivier Renault, 2006.
"Liquidity and Credit Risk,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2219-2250, October.
- Epaulard, Anne & Pommeret, Aude, 2003. "Optimally eating a stochastic cake: a recursive utility approach," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 129-139, May.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Panageas, Stavros, 2007. "Saving and investing for early retirement: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 87-121, January.
- Janis M. Carey & David Zilberman, 2002. "A Model of Investment under Uncertainty: Modern Irrigation Technology and Emerging Markets in Water," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 171-183.
- Basak, Suleyman & Cuoco, Domenico, 1998. "An Equilibrium Model with Restricted Stock Market Participation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(2), pages 309-41.
- Martens, M.P.E. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2006.
"Measuring volatility with the realized range,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2006-10, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Hugonnier, Julien, 2012. "Rational asset pricing bubbles and portfolio constraints," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(6), pages 2260-2302.
- He, Hua & Leland, Hayne, 1993. "On Equilibrium Asset Price Processes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 593-617.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cca:wpaper:211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.