‘A naked scrap for party advantage, dressed up as a principled defence of democracy’: the House of Lords on the number of MPs and defining their constituencies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron Johnston & Kelvyn Jones, 2011. "A brief response to Gorard," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 43(1), pages 8-9, January.
- Rebecca Allen, 2007. "Allocating Pupils to Their Nearest Secondary School: The Consequences for Social and Ability Stratification," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(4), pages 751-770, April.
- Ron Johnston & Michael Poulsen & James Forrest, 2011.
"Evaluating Changing Residential Segregation In Auckland, New Zealand, Using Spatial Statistics,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie,
Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 102(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Ron Johnston & Michael Poulsen & James Forrest, 2009. "Evaluating Changing Residential Segregation in Auckland, New Zealand, Using Spatial Statistics," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/214, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Richard Harris, 2011. "The separation of lower and higher attaining pupils in the transition from primary to secondary schools: a longitudinal study of London," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 11/257, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Rebecca Allen & Anna Vignoles, 2006. "What Should an Index of School Segregation Measure?," CEE Discussion Papers 0060, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Ron Johnston & Kelvyn Jones, 2010. "Measuring segregation—a cautionary tale," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 42(6), pages 1264-1270, June.
More about this item
Keywordselectoral reform; constitution; House of Lords;
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bri:cmpowp:11/259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmbriuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .