On the design of monetary policy committees
Keynote lecture prepared for the Norges Bank research workshop “Monetary Policy Committees,” Oslo, September 6-7, 2007.
|Date of creation:||30 Apr 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +47 22 31 60 00
Fax: +47 22 41 31 05
Web page: http://www.norges-bank.no/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clare Lombardelli & James Proudman & James Talbot, 2005.
"Committees Versus Individuals: An Experimental Analysis of Monetary Policy Decision-Making,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(1), May.
- Lombardelli, Clare & Proudman, James & Talbot, James, 2005. "Committees Versus Individuals: An Experimental Analysis of Monetary Policy Decision Making," MPRA Paper 823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clare Lombardelli & James Proudman & James Talbot, 2002. "Committees versus individuals: an experimental analysis of monetary policy decision-making," Bank of England working papers 165, Bank of England.
- Lombardelli, Clare & James Proudman & James Talbot, 2003. "Committees versus individuals: an experimental analysis of monetary policy decision-making," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 142, Royal Economic Society.
- Faust, Jon, 1996. "Whom can we trust to run the Fed? Theoretical support for the founders' views," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 267-283, April.
- Szilárd Erhart & Jose-Luis Vasquez-Paz, 2007.
"Optimal monetary policy committee size: Theory and cross country evidence,"
MNB Working Papers
2007/6, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
- Szilárd Erhart & Jose Luis Vasquez-Paz, 2007. "Optimal Monetary Policy Committee Size: Theory and Cross Country Evidence," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 439, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Sibert, Anne, 2006.
"Central Banking by Committee,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5626, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alan Blinder, 2006.
"Monetary Policy by Committee: Why and How?,"
DNB Working Papers
092, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Waller, Christopher J., 1992. "A bargaining model of partisan appointments to the central bank," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 411-428, June.
- Lohmann, Susanne, 1992. "Optimal Commitment in Monetary Policy: Credibility versus Flexibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 273-86, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bno:worpap:2008_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.