Revisiting the Case for a Populist Central Banker
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Guzzo, Vincenzo & Velasco, Andres, 1999. "The case for a populist Central Banker," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1317-1344, June.
- Cukierman, Alex & Lippi, Francesco, 1999.
"Central bank independence, centralization of wage bargaining, inflation and unemployment:: Theory and some evidence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1395-1434, June.
- Cukierman, A. & Lippi, F., 1998. "Central Bank Independence, Centralization of Wage Bargaining, Inflation and Unemployment - Theory and Some Evidence," Discussion Paper 1998-116, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lippi, Francesco, 1999. "Strategic Monetary Policy with Non-Atomistic Wage Setters: A Case for Non-Neutrality," CEPR Discussion Papers 2218, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helge Berger & Carsten Hefeker & Ronnie Schöb, 2004.
"Optimal Central Bank Conservatism and Monopoly Trade Unions,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(3), pages 585-605, November.
- Helge Berger & Carsten Hefeker & Ronnie Schoeb, 2000. "Optimal Central Bank Conservatism and Monopoly Trade Unions," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 200014, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Helge Berger & Carsten Hefeker & Ronnie Schöb, 2001. "Optimal Central Bank Conservatism and Monopoly Trade Unions," CESifo Working Paper Series 407, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carsten Hefeker & Helge Berger & Ronnie Schlöb, 2002. "Optimal Central Bank Conservatism and Monopoly Trade Unions," IMF Working Papers 02/44, International Monetary Fund.
- Cavallari, Lilia, 2001. "Inflationary performance in a monetary union with large wage setters," ZEI Working Papers B 11-2001, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Lawler, Phillip, 2005. "Central bank inflation contracts and strategic wage setting in a multiunion economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 323-329, March.
- Bernd Hayo & Carsten Hefeker, 2001. "Do We Really Need Central Bank Independence? A Critical Re- examination," Macroeconomics 0103006, EconWPA.
- Lilia Cavallari, 2001. "Macroeconomic Performance and Wage Bargaining in a Monetary Union," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 419-433, December.
- Luca Dedola & Eugenio Gaiotti & Luca Silipo, 2001.
"Money demand in the euro area: do national differences matter?,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
405, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Luca Dedola & Eugenio Gaiotti & Luca Silipo, 2004. "Money Demand in theEuroArea: Do National Differences Matter?," Macroeconomics 0404019, EconWPA, revised 24 Apr 2004.
- Guzzo, Vincenzo & Velasco, Andres, 2002. "Revisiting the case for a populist central banker: A comment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 613-621, March.
- Gnocchi, Stefano, 2006. "Optimal simple monetary policy rules and non-atomistic wage setters in a New-Keynesian framework," Working Paper Series 690, European Central Bank.
- Clemente De Lucia, 2003. "Wage Setters, Central Bank Conservatism and Economic Performance," ISAE Working Papers 34, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Sorge, Marco M., 2013.
"Robust delegation with uncertain monetary policy preferences,"
Elsevier, pages 73-78.
- Marco M. Sorge, 2012. "Robust Delegation with Uncertain Monetary Policy Preferences," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2012_05, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Marcelo de Carvalho Griebeler, 2015.
"On the existence of loss function for some useful classes of central bankers,"
International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(3), pages 229-241.
- Marcelo De Carvalho Griebeler, 2016. "On The Existence Of Loss Function For Some Useful Classes Of Central Bankers," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 121, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Cuciniello Vincenzo, 2007. "Optimal monetary policy in a monetary union with non-atomistic wage setters," wp.comunite 0014, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Christoph S. Weber, 2017. "The Unemployment Effect of Central Bank Transparency," Working Papers 172, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Cuciniello, Vincenzo, 2007. "Strategic monetary policy in a monetary union with non-atomistic wage setters," MPRA Paper 3789, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2007.
- Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Tirelli, Patrizio, 2009.
"The macroeconomics of social pacts,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, pages 202-213.
- Nicola Acocella & Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Patrizio Tirelli, 2004. "The macroeconomics of social pacts," Labor and Demography 0410003, EconWPA.
- Nicola Acocella & Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Patrizio Tirelli, 2009. "The macroeconomics of social pacts," Post-Print hal-00701871, HAL.
- Acocella Nicola & Di Bartolomeo Giovanni & Tirelli Patrizio, 2007. "The macroeconomics of social pacts," wp.comunite 0028, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Nicola Acocella & Giovanni Bartolomeo & Wilfried Pauwels, 2010. "Is there any scope for corporatism in macroeconomic policies?," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 403-424, November.
- Vincenzo Cuciniello, 2007. "Optimal monetary policy under a floating regime with non-atomistic wage setters," IHEID Working Papers 12-2007, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Acocella, Nicola & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Tirelli, Patrizio, 2007. "Monetary conservatism and fiscal coordination in a monetary union," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 56-63, January.
- Nicola Acocella & Giovanni Bartolomeo & Patrizio Tirelli, 2007. "Fiscal Leadership and Coordination in the EMU," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 281-289, July.
- Richard Mash, 2000. "The Time Inconsistency of Monetary Policy with Inflation Persistence," Economics Series Working Papers 15, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Griebeler, Marcelo de Carvalho, 2015. "The Naive Central Banker," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 69(3), September.
- Hayo, Bernd & Hefeker, Carsten, 2002. "Reconsidering central bank independence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 653-674, November.
More about this item
Keywordscentral bank conservatism; nominal wage bargaining;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- J5 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_386_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .