Instituições, Gestão e Crescimento Económico: Portugal, 1950-1973
After a long period of economic divergence before 1914, the Portuguese economy recovered slightly until 1950, entering thereafter on a path of strong economic convergence. This paper focuses on Portuguese economic growth in the period 1950-1973 in order to show how institutional decisions created an opportunity for integration with the developed economies of Western Europe. Through emigration, trade, tourism and foreign investment, individuals and firms changed their patterns of production and consumption, bringing about a structural transformation. Simultaneously, the increasing complexity of a growing economy raised new technical and organizational challenges, stimulating the formation of modern professional and management teams.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +351 234 370 361
Fax: +351 234 370 215
Web page: http://www.ua.pt/egi/
More information through EDIRC
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Салазар, Антониу ди in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Economic history of Portugal in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Участник:WebCite Archiver/2012122009 in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Economy of Portugal in Wikipedia English ne '')
- António de Oliveira Salazar in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Estado Novo (Portugal) in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Carnation Revolution in Wikipedia English ne '')
- História económica de Portugal in Wikipedia Portuguese ne '')
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ave:wpaper:382006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marta Ferreira Dias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.