How (In)accurate Are Demand Forecasts in Public Works Projects? The Case of Transportation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skamris, Mette K. & Flyvbjerg, Bent, 1997. "Inaccuracy of traffic forecasts and cost estimates on large transport projects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 141-146, July.
- Leavitt, Dan & Ennis, Sean & McGovern, Pat, 1993. "The Cost Escalation of Rail Projects: Using Previous Experience to Re-Evaluate the CalSpeed Estimates," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2rt1w7xj, University of California Transportation Center.
- Mackie, Peter & Preston, John, 1998. "Twenty-one sources of error and bias in transport project appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Henderson, P D, 1977. "Two British Errors: Their Probable Size and Some Possible Lessons," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 159-205, July.
- Maynard M. Hufschmidt & Jacques Gerin, 1970. "Systematic Errors in Cost Estimates for Public Investment Projects," NBER Chapters,in: The Analysis of Public Output, pages 267-315 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2013-03-30 (Forecasting)
- NEP-PPM-2013-03-30 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TRE-2013-03-30 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-03-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1303.6654. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .