The Fallacy of Composition and Contractionary Devaluations: The Output Impact of Real Exchange Rate Shocks in Developing Countries that Export Manufactures
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanika Sulochani Ramanayake & Keun Lee, 2016.
"Differential impacts of currency undervaluation on growth and exports in natural resource vs. manufacturing exporting countries,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2016-023, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sanika Sulochani Ramanayake & Keun Lee, 2017. "Differential Impacts of Currency Undervaluation on Growth and Exports in Natural Resource vs. Manufacturing Exporting Countries," Working Papers id:11694, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:90-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:1:y:2015:i:3:p:217-239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lectard, Pauline & Rougier, Eric, 2018.
"Can Developing Countries Gain from Defying Comparative Advantage? Distance to Comparative Advantage, Export Diversification and Sophistication, and the Dynamics of Specialization,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 90-110.
- Pauline LECTARD & Eric ROUGIER, 2017. "Can developing countries gain from defying comparative advantage? Distance to comparative advantage, export diversification and sophistication, and the dynamics of specialization," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-14, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
More about this item
KeywordsReal exchange rates; fallacy of composition; terms of trade; manufactured exports; contractionary devaluations; competitive devaluations;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:amu:wpaper:0207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Meal). General contact details of provider: http://www.american.edu/cas/economics/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .