Hammond’s Equity Principle and the Measurement of Ordinal Inequalities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicolas GRAVEL & Brice MAGDALOU & Patrick MOYES, 2017. "Hammond\'s Equity Principle and the Measurement of Ordinal Inequalities," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-03, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Nicolas Gravel & Brice Magdalou & Patrick Moyes, 2017. "Hammond’s Equity Principle and the Measurement of Ordinal Inequalities »," Working Papers 17-03, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier.
- Nicolas Gravel & Brice Magdalou & Patrick Moyes, 2017. "Hammond’s Equity Principle and the Measurement of Ordinal Inequalities," Working Papers halshs-01430838, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sen, Amartya K, 1977. "On Weights and Measures: Informational Constraints in Social Welfare Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1539-1572, October.
- Patrick Moyes, 2013. "Rearrangements and sequential rank order dominance," Post-Print hal-01135291, HAL.
- Nicolas Gravel & Brice Magdalou & Patrick Moyes, 2014.
"Ranking Distributions of an Ordinal Attribute,"
AMSE Working Papers
1450, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Nicolas Gravel & Brice Magdalou & Patrick Moyes, 2015. "Ranking Distributions of an Ordinal Attribute," Working Papers halshs-01082996, HAL.
- Nicolas Gravel & Brice Magdalou & Patrick Moyes, 2014. "Ranking distributions of an ordinal attribute," Working Papers 14-13, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2014.
- Kevin W. S. Roberts, 1980. "Possibility Theorems with Interpersonally Comparable Welfare Levels," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 409-420.
- Tungodden, Bertil, 2000. "Egalitarianism: Is Leximin the Only Option?," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 229-245, October.
- Gevers, Louis, 1979. "On Interpersonal Comparability and Social Welfare Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 75-89, January.
- Brice Magdalou & Patrick Moyes, 2009.
"Deprivation, welfare and inequality,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 32(2), pages 253-273, February.
- Patrick Moyes & Brice Magdalou, 2007. "Deprivation, welfare and inequality," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00389600, HAL.
- Patrick Moyes & Brice Magdalou, 2009. "Deprivation, wellfare and inequality," Post-Print hal-00293356, HAL.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Allison, R. Andrew & Foster, James E., 2004. "Measuring health inequality using qualitative data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 505-524, May.
- Patrick MOYES, 2013. "Rearrangements and Sequential Rank Order Dominance," Cahiers du GREThA 2013-10, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Donaldson, David & Weymark, John A., 1998. "A Quasiordering Is the Intersection of Orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 382-387, February.
- Moyes, Patrick, 2013. "Rearrangements and sequential rank order dominance," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 278-290.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1976. "Equity, Arrow's Conditions, and Rawls' Difference Principle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 793-804, July.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1979. "Equity in Two Person Situations: Some Consequences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1127-1135, September.
- Peter C. Fishburn, 1978. "Stochastic Dominance Without Transitive Preferences," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(12), pages 1268-1277, August.
More about this item
Keywordsordinal inequality; Hammond equity axiom; leximin; antileximax;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2017-04-23 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2017-04-23 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2017-04-23 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aim:wpaimx:1703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/maseafr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.