Price Determination for Corn and Wheat: The Role of Market Factors and Government Programs
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Westcott, Paul C. & Price, J. Michael, 2001. "Analysis Of The U.S. Commodity Loan Program With Marketing Loan Provisions," Agricultural Economics Reports 34035, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la & Sanford, Scott & Skinner, Robert A. & Westcott, Paul C. & Lin, William W., 2000.
"Supply Response Under The 1996 Farm Act And Implications For The U.S. Field Crops Sector,"
33568, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lin, William W. & Westcott, Paul C. & Skinner, Robert & Sanford, Scott & De La Torre Ugarte, Daniel G., 2000. "Supply Response Under the 1996 Farm Act and Implications for the U.S. Field Crops Sector," Technical Bulletins 184369, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Schaffer, Harwood D., 2004. "On Predicting The Price Of Corn, 1963-2002," 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma 34662, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Tomek, William G. & Peterson, Hikaru Hanawa, 2000. "Risk Management In Agricultural Markets: A Survey," 2000 Producer marketing and Risk Management Conference, January 13-14, Orlando, FL 19580, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gutierrez, L. & Piras, F., 2013. "A Global Wheat Market Model (GLOWMM) for the Analysis of Wheat Export Prices," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149760, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Baek, Jungho & Mattson, Jeremy W. & Koo, Won W., 2009. "Analyzing Effects of the U.S. Duties on Canadian Hard Red Spring Wheat. Technical Annex," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(2).
- Hatzenbuehler, Patrick L. & Abbott, Philip C. & Foster, Kenneth A., 2016.
"Agricultural Commodity Prices and Exchange Rates under Structural Change,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(2), May.
- Hatzenbuehler, Patrick L. & Abbott, Philip C. & Foster, Kenneth A., 2015. "Agricultural Commodity Prices and Exchange Rates under Structural Change," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204728, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Elanor Starmer, Aimee Witteman and Timothy A. Wise, "undated". "06-03 "Feeding the Factory Farm: Implicit Subsidies to the Broiler Chicken Industry"," GDAE Working Papers 06-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Botto, Augusto C. & Isengildina, Olga & Irwin, Scott H. & Good, Darrel L., 2006. "Accuracy Trends and Sources of Forecast Errors in WASDE Balance Sheet Categories for Corn and Soybeans," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21332, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bernardina Algieri, 2014. "A roller coaster ride: an empirical investigation of the main drivers of the international wheat price," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 459-475, July.
- Isengildina-Massa, Olga & Irwin, Scott H. & Good, Darrel L., 2008. "Quantile Regression Methods of Estimating Confidence Intervals for WASDE Price Forecasts," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6409, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Júnia Cristina Peres R.da Conceição, 2009. "A Necessidade de uma Nova Política de Comercialização Agrícola," Discussion Papers 1440, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Chen, Sheng-Tung & Kuo, Hsiao-I & Chen, Chi-Chung, 2010. "Modeling the relationship between the oil price and global food prices," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2517-2525, August.
- Gutierrez, Luciano & Piras, Francesco & Olmeo, Maria Grazia, 2015. "Forecasting Wheat Commodity Prices using a Global Vector Autoregressive model," 2015 Fourth Congress, June 11-12, 2015, Ancona, Italy 207264, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- MacDonald, Stephen, 2006. "Cotton Price Forecasting and Structural Change," MPRA Paper 70910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baek, Jungho & Mattson, Jeremy W. & Koo, Won W., 2009. "Analyzing Effects of the U.S. Duties on Canadian Hard Red Spring Wheat," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(2).
- Verteramo Chiu, Leslie J. & Tomek, William G., 2016. "Anticipatory Signals of Changes in Corn Demand," Working Papers 250032, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Nazif Durmaz, 2014. "Inventories of Asian Textile Producers, US Cotton Exports, and the Exchange Rate," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 61(4), pages 397-413, September.
- Verteramo Chiu, Leslie & Tomek, William, 2016. "Anticipatory Signals of Changes in U.S. Corn Demand," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235869, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordscorn; wheat; farm price; price determination; stocks-to-use ratio; price supports; commodity programs; forecasts; Crop Production/Industries; Demand and Price Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uerstb:33581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.