Improving Food Security in Africa: Highlights of 25 Years of Research, Capacity-Building, and Outreach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Dradri, Simon & Haggblade, Steven, 2007. "Alternative Instruments for Ensuring Food Security and Price Stability in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54488, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2007.
"Modelling trends in food market integration: Method and an application to Tanzanian maize markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 112-127, February.
- van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2005. "Modelling Trends in Food Market Integration: Method and an Application to Tanzanian Maize Markets," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24718, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Traub, Lulama Ndibongo & Jayne, T.S., 2008. "The effects of price deregulation on maize marketing margins in South Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 224-236, June.
- Martin Ravallion, 1986. "Testing Market Integration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(1), pages 102-109.
- Chitundu, Maureen & Droppelmann, Klaus & Haggblade, Steven, 2006. "A Value Chain Task Force Approach for Managing Private-Public Partnerships: Zamiba’s Task Force on Acceleration of Cassava Utilization," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54480, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004. "A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Emílio Tostão & B. Wade Brorsen, 2005. "Spatial price efficiency in Mozambique's post-reform maize markets," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(2), pages 205-214, September.
- Mwanaumo, Anthony & Jayne, Thomas S. & Zulu, Ballard & Shawa, Julius J. & Mbozi, Green & Haggblade, Steven & Nyembe, Misheck, 2005. "Zambia's 2005 Maize Import and Marketing Experiences: Lessons and Implications," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54615, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Daniel Kahneman & Jack L. Knetsch & Richard H. Thaler, 1991. "Anomalies: The Endowment Effect, Loss Aversion, and Status Quo Bias," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 193-206, Winter.
- Shahidur Rashid, 2004.
"Spatial Integration of Maize Markets in Post-liberalised Uganda,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(1), pages 102-133, March.
- Rashid, Shahidur, 2004. "Spatial integration of maize markets in post-liberalized Uganda," MTID discussion papers 71, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stephen Devereux, 2007. "The impact of droughts and floods on food security and policy options to alleviate negative effects," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 47-58, December.
- Nijhoff, Jan J. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Mwiinga, Billy & Shaffer, James D., 2002. "Markets Need Predictable Government Actions to Function Effectively: The Case of Importing Maize in Times of Deficit," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54609, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Tschirley, David L. & Nijhoff, Jan J. & Arlindo, Pedro & Mwiinga, Billy & Weber, Michael T. & Jayne, Thomas S., 2006. "Anticipating and Responding to Drought Emergencies in Southern Africa: Lessons from the 2002-2003 Experience," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54564, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Chapoto, Antony, 2006. "Emerging Structural Maize Deficits in Eastern and Southern Africa: Implications for National Agricultural Strategies," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54620, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Food Security; research; capacity building; outreach; Agricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; Land Economics/Use; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; q10; q18; q12; q13;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-03-20 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-03-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midips:55050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .