When Growth Obliges: Social Responsibility of Farms in Light of the Technological Treadmill
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Hennessy, 1996.
"Information Asymmetry as a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1034-1043.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996. "Information Asymmetry As a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5032, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Athanasios G. Chymis & Harvey S. James & Srinivasa Konduru & Vern L. Pierce & Robert L. Larson, 2007.
"Asymmetric information in cattle auctions: the problem of revaccinations,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, pages 79-88.
- Chymis, Athanasios G. & James, Harvey S., Jr. & Konduru, Srinivasa & Pierce, Vern L., 2004. "Asymmetric Information In Cattle Auctions: The Problem Of Revaccinations," Working Papers 26039, University of Missouri Columbia, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Kathleen Segerson, 1999. "Mandatory versus voluntary approaches to food safety," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 53-70.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Rouvière, Elodie & Caswell, Julie A., 2012.
"From punishment to prevention: A French case study of the introduction of co-regulation in enforcing food safety,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 246-254.
- Elodie Rouvière & Julie Caswell, 2012. "From punishment to prevention: A French case study of the introduction of co-regulation in enforcing food safety," Post-Print hal-01323176, HAL.
- Worley, C. Thomas & McCluskey, Jill J., 2000. "Production Contracts As A Means Of Vertical Coordination With Application To The Wheat Industry," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 31(01), March.
- Lyons, Bruce R & Mehta, Judith, 1997. "Contracts, Opportunism and Trust: Self-Interest and Social Orientation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 239-257, March.
- Elamin H. Elbasha* & T. Lynn Riggs, 2003. "The effects of information on producer and consumer incentives to undertake food safety efforts: A theoretical model and policy implications," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 29-42.
- Russell Cooper & Thomas W. Ross, 1985. "Product Warranties and Double Moral Hazard," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 103-113.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000.
"A Game Theoretic Approach To Organic Foods: An Analysis Of Asymmetric Information And Policy,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(1), April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 1-9, April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 1999. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123706, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Starbird S. Andrew & Amanor-Boadu Vincent, 2007. "Contract Selectivity, Food Safety, and Traceability," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Jill E. Hobbs, 2004. "Information asymmetry and the role of traceability systems," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 397-415.
- Biais, Bruno & Foucault, Thierry & Salanie, Francois, 1998. "Floors, dealer markets and limit order markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, pages 253-284.
- Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman, 1999. "Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 669-683, December.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Falkowski, Jan & Ferto, Imre, 2012.
"What causes asymmetric price transmission in agro-food sector? Meta-analysis perspective,"
86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK
134765, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Zoltan Bakucs & Imre Ferto & Jan Falkowski, 2013. "What causes asymmetric price transmission in agro-food sector? Meta-analysis perspective," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1303, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Livestock Production/Industries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-10-30 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2016-10-30 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2016-10-30 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa149:245072. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.