The Sophistication and Diversification of the African Agricultural Sector: A Product Space Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ulimwengu, John M. & Badibanga, ThaddÃ©e, 2012. "The sophistication and diversification of the African agricultural sector: A product space approach," IFPRI discussion papers 1156, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, Peter & Resnick, Danielle & Thurlow, James, 2006.
"The role of agriculture in development: implications for Sub-Saharan Africa,"
DSGD discussion papers
29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, P.B.R. & Resnick, Danielle & Thurlow, James, 2007. "The role of agriculture in development: Implications for Sub-Saharan Africa," Research reports 153, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Syrquin, M. & Chenery, H.B., 1989. "Patterns Of Development, 1950 To 1983," World Bank - Discussion Papers 41, World Bank.
- Usui, Norio & A. Abdon, Arnelyn May, 2010. "Structural Transformation in the Kyrgyz Republic: Engineering Future Paths of Capability Accumulation," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 200, Asian Development Bank.
- Ulimwengu, John & Sanyal, Prabuddha, 2011. "Using a spatial growth model to provide evidence of agricultural spillovers between countries in the NEPAD CAADP Framework:," IFPRI discussion papers 1069, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Mwanaumo, A. & Nyoro, J. K. & Chapoto, A., 2002. "False Promise or False Premise? The Experience of Food and Input Market Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1967-1985, November.
- Badibanga, Thaddee & Diao, Xinshen & Roe, Terry & Somwaru, Agapi, 2009. "Dynamics of structural transformation: An empirical characterization in the case of China, Malaysia, and Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 856, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2008.
"An updated look at the recovery of agricultural productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
787, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2009. "An Updated Look at the Recovery of Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51731, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kherallah, Mylène & Delgado, Christopher L. & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minot, Nicholas & Johnson, Michael, 2002. "Reforming agricultural markets in Africa," Food policy statements 38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Norio Usui & Arnelyn Abdon, 2013.
"Why has China succeeded? And why it will continue to do so,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 791-818.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Norio Usui & Arnelyn Abdon, 2010. "Why Has China Succeeded-And Why It Will Continue To Do So," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_611, Levy Economics Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amighini, Alessia & Sanfilippo, Marco, 2014.
"Impact of South–South FDI and Trade on the Export Upgrading of African Economies,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-17.
- Alessia Amighini & Marco Sanfilippo, 2013. "Impact of South-South FDI and trade on the export upgrading of African economies," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/75, European University Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsstructural transformation; diversification; sophistication; growth; export; Africa; Agricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; International Development; International Relations/Trade; Production Economics; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; F19; O14; O33; O40;
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-06-25 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2012-06-25 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea12:124498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .