Indirect Convertibility and Quasi-Futures Contracts: Two Non-Operational Schemes for Automatic Stabilisation of the Price Level?
The paper examines two proposals for automatic stabilization of the price level based on indirect convertibility and something called a 'quasi-futures contacts'. These two schemes represent attempts to rendre operational ideas implicit in the Black (1970) Fama (1980) and Hall (1982) vision of the monetary system.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Adelaide SA 5005|
Phone: (618) 8303 5540
Web page: http://www.economics.adelaide.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "Money and the Price Level under the Gold Standard," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(353), pages 13-33, March.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- George A. Selgin & Lawrence H. White, 1994.
"How Would the Invisible Hand Handle Money?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1718-1749, December.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1985.
"Bank deregulation, accounting systems of exchange, and the unit of account: A critical review,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 13-45, January.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1985. "Bank Deregulation, Accounting Systems of Exchange, and the Unit of Account: A Critical Review," NBER Working Papers 1572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sumner, Scott, 1995. "The Impact of Futures Price Targeting on the Precision and Credibility of Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 89-106, February.
- Cowen, Tyler, 1997. "Should Central Banks Target CPI Futures?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 275-85, August.
- Tyler Cowen & Randall S. Kroszner, 1994. "The new monetary economics," Chapters, in: The Elgar Companion to Austrian Economics, chapter 86 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Schnadt, Norbert & Whittaker, John, 1993. "Inflation-Proof Currency? The Feasibility of Variable Commodity Standards," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 214-21, May.
- Greenfield, Robert L & Woolsey, W William & Yeager, Leland B, 1995. "Is Indirect Convertibility Impossible? Comment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 293-97, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adl:wpaper:1998-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dmitriy Kvasov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.